1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Recommendations for laptop bag for office? ...

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by speedmaster, Jul 26, 2017.

1. speedmaster

speedmaster Loaded Pockets

Using a Timbuk2 messenger type bag daily now. Every day back and forth to work I carry 1-2 laptops, papers, a few phone cables and adapters, iPhone, papers, pens, etc.

Wondering if I'd like to switch to a backpack? Maybe 20-25l?

This caught my eye
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/18/15988172/oneplus-travel-backpack-bag-review

What else should I check out? It would go in the car with me each day and sit in my cube most of the time.

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

2. JT2V

JT2V Loaded Pockets

I believe you can fit two cache into a Tom Bihn Synapse 25.

3. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

Just out of curiosity, what's up with the timbuk2? Is it a capacity issue or something else?

Point of reference, I've got one I'm looking (still!) to replace. I don't like the organisation mainly.

If you're going to you car then from your car to your cubicle, you won't have much chance to put a backpack on properly so it will end over one shoulder - just like a messenger bag! However if you have a long walk and/or public transport or something a backpack makes much more sense. I've been looking at (still!) pacsafe and latterly ruit and, as a result of an earlier thread, everki.

4. Bobby Leang

Bobby Leang Loaded Pockets

For backpacks, I switch between my Alpha One Niner Evade (Ripstop) and GORUCK GR1 (26L) for my biga$$ 15" wide laptop. Couldn't be happier with either one.

For messengers before I realized I'm not a messenger guy, I felt that the Triple Aught Dispatch bag was the best that I used. My computer fit perfectly in it and it had enough volume to carry all my other office essentials. I tried the sling-style messengers in the Mystery Ranch Outsider and it just had too much going and the volume was too much to carry on a shoulder.

5. speedmaster

Thanks, all!

6. speedmaster

I don't dislike it. Completely functional. Just wondered if I'm missing something better.

Just ordered the Incase pack.

Tallboyjim likes this.
  7. jamgam

jamgam Loaded Pockets

Do you put the big laptop in the main compartment? or in the back? I've got a 26L GR1 and I want to like it just can't get on board with it

8. Bobby Leang

Bobby Leang Loaded Pockets

There's a separate compartment behind the main.

So it goes:
    Admin > Main > Laptop > CC

The Laptop compartment has a slot for a tablet or magazines, then a nicely padded laptop slot.

Volume-wise because obviously there are layers between everything, the A19 doesn't hold as many large things as the GR1; but who really carries that much stuff right? :)

9. pks

pks Loaded Pockets

FWIW I also use the A19 Evade ripstock a lot for EDC laptop to/from office. I have also used it for air travel carrying my laptop and ipad and lots of gear on the plane. It's really a great bag. Great organization. Only thing I don't like is one of it's feature -- the way the straps are adjustable. I prefer them to be sewn directly onto the body so that they don't get twisted around.

P.K.