1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Recommendations for IWB CCW Holster

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by cavediverbob, Apr 20, 2013.

1. cavediverbob

cavediverbob Loaded Pockets

Looking for recommendations for an IWB CCW hoster for a medium sized auto (glock 19, XD service, etc).

Need comfort for hot, humid environments we have here in the South.

Thanks for your input.

Bob

2. Matthew03

Matthew03 Loaded Pockets

Kydex won't absorb moisture/sweat. Dale Fricke's Archangel is a Kydex rig I have had a lot of success with carrying GLOCK handguns. In leather, Milt Sparks Summer Special II is a classic and very comfortable.

GG_Blaisdell likes this.
  3. Avenal

Avenal Loaded Pockets

Check out X-concealment "C" series. I have both the IWB and OTW for my G23 and both are great, well made, and comfy.

Best holsters I've seen yet.

4. Finges

Finges Empty Pockets

I recently got my CCW and started carrying my Ruger SR9C in a Remora holster. It's comfortable for the weather we have up in the NW. Not sure how comfortable it would be in a humid environment.

5. 875fps

875fps Loaded Pockets

Recommending a holster is like recommending a car. There are a ton of different styles and sizes.

If you want Appendix IWB (AIWB) then you should look at Raven Concealment VanGuard 2.

If you're looking for a typical 3 or 4 o'clock IWB, then your options are numerous.

OTG (Off The Grid) holsters are WIDELY popular in certain circles.
    https://www.facebook.com/OffTheGridConcepts
    http://instagram.com/otghex#

Bravo is also pretty popular (especially among Cory and Erika followers)
    https://www.facebook.com/BravoConcealment

Kydex is easy to work with so there are a TON of holster makers out there. Bravo and OTG are some of the most recognized names so their wait times are probably pretty long. Here are a few more:

Armordillo: https://www.facebook.com/ArmordilloConcealmentINC
    PHLster: https://www.facebook.com/PHLster
    RDR: https://www.facebook.com/RDRKydex

PHLster has a great hour-long kydex workshop tutorial on his YT page if you're interested in seeing how these are made.

I linked their FB pages so you can see how they interact with their customers. Something you can't see from just a static website.

If you just want something cheap, then you should look at the Galco Triton. You can find them pretty much anywhere for less than $50. I have one and really like it. Watch a few YT videos on it before you buy one, though. The one caveat is that the belt clip isn't a strong as I would like so you have to wear a nice, thick belt with it (I just wear a normal leather one) or the holster will come out with the gun when you draw it (something you DON'T want to happen in a defensive situation). However, you can adjust the retention of it and I keep mine fairly loose so I don't have to tug hard at my gun to draw it.

If you don't like the straight kydex setup, then something like a Crossbreed Supertuck might be more you style.
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/SuperTuckDeluxe/tabid/90/List/0/ProductID/1/CategoryID/1/Level/1/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName,ProductName

6. Il Duce

Il Duce Loaded Pockets

Dark star gear

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

7. JHGM

JHGM Dinosaur Supervisor

Crossbreed SuperTuck in horsehide...

Or a Galco KingTuk.

8. Wong

Wong Loaded Pockets

for half the price you can get essentially the same holster as a crossbreed/kingtuk from old faithful holsters. only difference is that you need to assemble it yourself. it' takes about 10 minutes tops

they come in three levels of finish.

1- fully assembled- most expensive around 70bucks
    2- needs assembled/kydex is already formed- middle price about 35-40 bucks
    3- you assemble and you form the kydex yourself- only about 25 bucks

Wolfhound0023 and 875fps like this.
  9. whyedc?

whyedc? Loaded Pockets

I just got a Remora for my 26. Seems comfy so far. Will update in a week or so.

Later that same day....I played a little soccer with the Remora and the 26. With cargo shorts and a belt there was no apparent movement.

Other thing I noticed, is that I get a lot better grip and draw than I did with my Galco IWB.

10. 875fps

875fps Loaded Pockets

A buddy at work just got one of these and loves it. His dad also has one and says that they are a lot more comfortable then the SuperTucks.

11. freedoom

freedoom Loaded Pockets

i really like my galco king tuk. however i just bent the crap out of one of the clips and had to spend $12 on a new pair of them. I picked up a desantis sof-tuck that i can use in the meantime while i wait for the new clips.

n82tactical also makes a good IWB holster, i have a friend who swears by them.

12. liljohn

liljohn Loaded Pockets

Second that crossbreed tuck. Mini or super depending on your pistol.

Djs105 and Tony D. like this.
  13. Finedragon

Finedragon Empty Pockets

Big fan of the crossbreed. They are fantastic. Got one as a gift for my Springfield XD40SC I love it.

kikaida and Tony D. like this.
  14. Idaho Gunslinger

Idaho Gunslinger Loaded Pockets

The Remora is a popular option. Check out the Crossbreed. It is my favorite for kydex IWB.

15. kynwatch

kynwatch Loaded Pockets

Another big fan of the Crossbreed.

Djs105, kikaida and Tony D. like this.
  16. gflack

gflack Loaded Pockets

I currently use a Galco, but have been eyeing a new holster from White Hat Holsters (www.whitehatholster.com).

17. Fate0n3

Fate0n3 Loaded Pockets

For a great holster and still have a great price check out Harwell Holsters I run one of them for a XDs, 1911, and M&P9 they are great and really comfortable. I have used Crossbreed and whitehat holster before and I hands down like the Harwell a lot better they have all the same features but imo a lot more comfortable. Best of all they ship within 2-4 days no waiting weeks or months and a lot cheaper.

18. liljohn

liljohn Loaded Pockets

Plus one on the crossbreed, totally invisible after they break in

kikaida and Tony D. like this.
  19. Tony D.

Tony D. Loaded Pockets

Crossbreed Fantastic holster. I have 2. If your worried about moisture get it in horse hide. I have on in Horse hide and one in Bovine :)
    the MOST comfortable holsters I own. I have tossed my old holsters or reused the leather because these have taken the place of them.

And did I mention they are wonderful people to work with. If you want incredible comfort by a Gun belt as well. I didn't believe it made a difference till I got one. I don't want to wear any other belt now. It is just PLAIN comfortable.

kikaida likes this.
  20. Cairo

Cairo Loaded Pockets

Crossbreed holsters are very nice, but a bit spendy. Check out Shepard leathers. Great holster. Get the velcro style belt loops, though. You can get them on amazon for a good price and they ship out very fast, too.