1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Recommendation on premade, ready to go FAK

Discussion in 'First Aid Station' started by jjk454ss, Mar 5, 2016.

1. CodeBru1984

CodeBru1984 Loaded Pockets

I got a pre-made kit from the local Sports Authority, and added a few additional items to it.

Originally it came with the following:

(2) 2x3 Moleskin
    (1) Lg instant cold pack
    (12) Alcohol prep pads
    (6) Iodine prep pads
    (6) Sting relief pads
    (12) Antiseptic towelettes
    (2) Hydrocortisone cream
    (4) Triple antibiotic ointment
    (2) Burn gel
    (2) Ibuprofen tabs
    (15) 1.5" bandaids
    (35) 3" bandaids
    (8) Knuckle bandaids
    (5) Wound closure strips
    (4) 2x2 gauze pads
    (4) 3x3 gauze pads
    (2) 4x4 gauze pads
    (1) 5x9 abdominal pad
    (2) 2x3 non adherent dressing
    (2) 3x4 non adherent dressing
    (1) 3" roller gauze
    (1) 3" elastic bandage
    (1) .5" adhesive paper tape

I added the following to it:

(1) CPR barrier shield
    (1) Medium nitrile glove (Pair)
    (1) 36" Sam splint
    (1) 18" Sam splint
    (1) Trauma shear
    (1) Black sharpie
    (1) Pen
    (1) Penlight

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAMBOCAT likes this.
  2. fatnerd

fatnerd Loaded Pockets

been looking at those adventure medical kits... thoughts?

3. Kristina Cay

Kristina Cay Loaded Pockets

I like the organization of kits from reliefpod, contents can be lacking lacking though

4. Glock Doc

Glock Doc Loaded Pockets

Skinny Medic, Amp-3, or Dark Angel are all GTG.

5. B-MA

B-MA Empty Pockets

I really like the easy care all purpose kit from AMK for basic first aid supplies, so much so that a bought another one for the desk at work.

It features individual bags that accordion out so you can find what you need right away, and can be regularly found on eBay for about 15 bucks.

Also have to recommend their more complete kits such as the grizzly if you are looking for something more serious, they may not have every single thing you would want for serious trauma in them but the kits are very well organized, high value, and leave enough room to add the things you feel are necessary.

EDIT: i also have the SkinnyMedic condor red response kit that emergency_ram12 posted all in all i like it for what i paid, but it's too small to add to really and a lot of the smaller Dynarex supplies in it are sub par (4x4 gauze and impregnated wipes are thinner than their wrappers) if you go that rout definitely spring for the van quest bag as the condor one is not really suited to be a fast response FAK IMO. Use coupon code sootch00 for 10% off sitewide.

Last edited by B-MA, Apr 4, 2016
  6. hawkeye-

hawkeye- Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

This one's mine, it's sole use is for work. two general trauma bandages, CAT, Tape, glow-stix, Mora Knife, Israeli bandage (1 missing,) two packs quik clot, a metric :censored: ton of nitriles, 2x gauze rolls, 2x asherman seals, Flamazine, IV start kit, 4x triangle bandages, 4x compression bandages, scissors, and spyderco rescue knife. (On the outside.) all packed in a North American Rescue trauma bag with a SHARPS container on the back.

my trunk kit for my personal vehicle is bigger, but has other goodies in it. I'll take pictures tomorrow.

RAMBOCAT likes this.
  7. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

AMK kits are a good start. For basic first aid needs they are excellent. One can additional items to improve the range of emergencies that the kit can aid.

8. siwel

siwel Loaded Pockets

I started with a Adv Med kit waterproof .5 and put a few things I thought I might use based on my previous hikes in the wilderness and the cities/theme parks.

9. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

AMK kits are good starting point. You can add items deemed necessary and in line with your skillset.

10. HardToHandle

HardToHandle Loaded Pockets

As mentioned earlier, North American Rescue Products. NARP's maritime kit is what I carry for big boy uses.

I was formerly a registered EMT... Do everyone a favor and get some training to go with the kit. The Red Cross first aid course is better than nothing, but very, very basic.

maillet282 likes this.
  11. mike3145

mike3145 Loaded Pockets

I keep a pair of tweezers and small magnifying glass but never thought about a mirror (mainly because most places I go have bathrooms) but it's a great idea. Where does one find a small 10x mirror?

12. RAMBOCAT

RAMBOCAT Loaded Pockets

Walmart has a nice folding one (in ladies cosmetics) with a 10X on one side and a regular one on the other side. The ones i bought are aluminum, but, they also had plastic ones.

13. RAMBOCAT

RAMBOCAT Loaded Pockets

Missing are ----NP AIRWAY, LOADS OF CELOX. lots of FLUFFY KERLIX GAUZE (to pack in big holes), AND a GOOD TOURNIQUET (I prefer a R.A.T. that you can put on with one hand if your other one is missing). There many GOOD tourniquets available so the R.A.T. is just my personal preference. Research them all.

CodeBru1984 likes this.
  14. CodeBru1984

CodeBru1984 Loaded Pockets

This isn't the end result. I do plan on having a more detailed bag designed in the near future.

15. Weko

Weko Loaded Pockets

I also believe that you would be best served by building you own kit that you can customize to your knowledge, intended usage and skill set. If you are dead set on buying a prepackaged kit, take a look at the AMK Me and My Dog kit or the Krugo Pet kit. They include things that are not generally included in most first aid kits and do not include to many dated items. Also check for expiration dates on the external packaging.

RAMBOCAT likes this.
  16. mike3145

mike3145 Loaded Pockets

Since I posted the message, I've been seeing magnifying mirrors everywhere. Even at Lowe's. [lol]

17. Timlugia

Timlugia Loaded Pockets

There is actually no simple answer to your question
    It depends on several factors:

-What's your training level?
    -What's your main method of carrying this kit? Home/Car/Backpack/pocket/outdoor/minimalist?
    - What's the type of emergency you are anticipating? Common injury/violent trauma/outdoor?
    -What's your range of budget?

As a general rule, it's more important to have the proper training than a kit without knowing how.
    I would recommend people with concern to take as much training as possible.

Someone probably already mentioned, sites like Rescue-Essentials and Chinooks have wide range of selection if you needed.