1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Recommendation of the Magforce Super Falcon

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Dany, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Dany

Dany Loaded Pockets

My first bag was a Maxpedition Mongo, and last year I "upgraded" to a Maxped Kodiak Gearslinger.

Sadly I didn't believe all the comments about "A single-strap bag might get too heavy for you" - but now I got to admit: Guys, you were right :) - it actually gets uncomfortable. So I decided to upgrade to a Falcon II. But here's the thing: All reviewers of this bag said that it actually is too small (and since I didn't believe what you said on the Kodiak I thought that maybe I should listen to you concerning the size of the Falcon).

So I bought the Magforce Super Falcon (Magforce is Maxpeditions "Asian Brand" - same quality, same stiching etc., but gerenally about 1/3 cheaper), and I'm super-happy with this bag. I found it on a shop in Thailand that ships internationally. First I was a little bit suspicious about buying a bag in Thailand, but the shop-owner was super friendly and did everything to help me. I thougth maybe some of you guys would be interested in the bag and where to get it - I fully recommend the bag.

A video-Review of the bag and side-by-side-comparison between the Super Falcon and the Falcon II is found below. The Super Falcon is basicly a Falcon II on steroids with minor changes in the organisation-area. It suits my needs perfectly!

Happy to be in the forum.

Greetings

Dany

No, I don't know Thai ;) , but the video speaks for itself

Last edited by Dany, Jun 12, 2014
  2. ldelray

ldelray Loaded Pockets

Where can you order Magforce in the U.S.?

3. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Their messenger is way better than Maxpeds, don't know why they can't market in North America. The bag sits high like a bicycle messenger and quick adjust straps. Its like Timbuk2 meets tactical. Wanted to add to my collection but the acquisition is a challenge.

Moco likes this.
  4. ambaal

ambaal Loaded Pockets

By all means, please do tell us (probably by private message, if this is prohibited by forum rules) where did you buy it?

I'm trying to get their tactical messenger for ages now.

5. gearheavy

gearheavy Loaded Pockets

You might try Taobao.com. Taobao is China's version of EBay and they work just like Ebay including the use of Paypal. Many of the listed vendors ship worldwide. I haven't tried taobao myself (never had a need so far) but know a couple of people who uses taobao regularly with good success. In case you don't know, Taobao is a huge player in the ecommerce domain and a few years ago surpassed Ebay in the number of transactions.

One issue...although you can search for products using English key words (I successfully found Magforce products by just plugging in "Magforce"), all the descriptions and shipping info are in Chinese. To get around this, international buyers use Taobao "Agents" to help with their transactions. See Taobaofieldguide.com to learn more about using the Agents.

Good luck

6. Dany

Dany Loaded Pockets

Exactly. That's why I went with the Super-Falcon, since the Falcon II is just too small. And Maxped refuses to make a "Falcon on Steroids". I personally don't unterstand that decision, since there seems to be a whole bunch of preppers who would LOVE to see a bigger version of the Falcon. But maybe Maxped think that they already have bigger backpacks like the Zafar or the Xantha - but they lack the kind of organisation I want to have.

There is a Youtuber named Harleywood who made a comparision between the Falcon2 and the Zafar (see video below). In his comment-section he complains that after a few weeks of use he's not so happy with the Zafar. Although he likes to have more room than in his previous bag (the Falcon2), he misses the admin-area etc. That's one of the reasons why I went with the Super-Falcon: It has all the features of the Falcon2 but has 10 liters more storage (Falcon2 25 Liters / Superfalcon 35Liters).

protein and aldo_vic_t like this.
  7. ambaal

ambaal Loaded Pockets

A bit of thread hijack, but I've contacted same seller Dany used (thanks a lot BTW!), and got myself a long wanted Magforce Tactical Messenger. Impressions are strongly gravitating towards 'WOW' for both bag and seller. Cost me around $200 shipped to Australia real fast.

I have no idea why maxpedition is not selling super-falcon and tactical messengers in the west (and why all magforce gear is way cheaper that I would expect maxped to charge for same features), but they really should.

Tactical Messenger is nothing short of stellar, it has everything I ever hoped to get in messenger bag (ok, its not really waterproof - one miner niggle), and far better featured than anything current by maxped: they are yet to have things like quick-adjust straps, velcro tabs to keep webbing organised, good shoulder pads and so on and so forth.

As a funny side note, I'm starting to realise where the whole 'maxpedition sizing' thingie stems from: the seller dude told me the bag is huge and sent pics of himself with it, where it did look huge. Upon receipt, I would call it medium at best: it's slightly smaller than Timbuk2 classic (bigger than small though) about the size of Timbuk2 Especial and a bit bigger than MW Rummy. Very nicely sized, in other words.

Apparently, asian huge is not so huge here.

I'm also seriously considering getting Super Falcon too. The only reason why I don't is that it will make quite a few of my other bags redundant.

8. ldelray

ldelray Loaded Pockets

I want the Magforce computer backpack.

[​IMG]

kensington, protein and AlgoOPC like this.
  9. Xader

Xader EDC Junkie

Wow. Really liking that Super Falcon.

I use a Falcon II for a hunting pack, and everything about it is perfect for my uses, except the size. It just feels too small for me.

protein and Nighted like this.
  10. Dany

Dany Loaded Pockets

@ Ambaal:
    I've been away for a while. But I'm very happy that my seller was able to satisfy you. He's a very nice and helpful guy - isn't he? I'm still very happy with my Super Falcon, althoug I switched to an Ipad 2 and am therefore no longer in need to carry a laptop. As for now I'm back with the Mongo - works ok for me. but I'm still using my Super Falcon for hiking and snowboarding and still enjoy the extra space it provides.

AlgoOPC likes this.
  11. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

The messenger has long been in my order of battle but confrontation is almost nil!

AlgoOPC likes this.
  12. Dany

Dany Loaded Pockets

After seeing this review I'm considering of getting the messenger too.

Yes - I'm a bag addict. I know. My wife will hate me for this...

Last edited by Dany, Dec 27, 2014
  13. Dany

Dany Loaded Pockets

You can get it with the same seller I got my Superfalcon from. He made a review of the Computer backpack on youtube - see here:

Video is in Thai, but you can see detailed what the backpack looks loke inside and how it is organized. Enjoy!

kensington likes this.
  14. Nighted
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nighted Loaded Pockets

Oh Lord why did I have to see this?

Was looking at the Falcon II but it is too small.

I had chores to do around the house and now this is all that is on my mind. :(

15. Nighted
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nighted Loaded Pockets

I found one with Maxpedition tags on a Russian forum.

[​IMG]

Also a woodland camo version of the Super Falcon. :inlove:

[​IMG]

16. Dany

Dany Loaded Pockets

The woodland "Russian Maxpedition"-version doesn't look like the original Super Falcon from Magforce. Main compartment is 4 rows of molly thick, whereas the Magforce Superfalcon has only 2 rows of molly.

And the Computer Backpack from the Ruskies seems to have a different buckle on the front than the original Magforce-Version. Strange...(?)

17. Dany

Dany Loaded Pockets

Just saw this on Youtube. I'm aware that Maxped is not the most liked company in this forum.You may like their products or not - but please don't hate me for posting this - o.k.? If this post is inappropriate or in any ways is in conflict with the forum-rules, feel free to delete it.

Nevertheless it may be of interest for those of you who suffer from "not to much space" in Maxped's Falcon-II, that they just announced a "Falcon-III" (witch resembles a lot the Magforce Super-Falcon - at least to me.

You also might wanna check out this Video, especially on 5:27, where they announce a very intersting looking backpack...

Last edited by Dany, Jan 20, 2015
  18. Moco

Moco Loaded Pockets

the magforce messenger looks good but is very unavailable and out of my price range even if i could find a vendor in the US

19. Dany

Dany Loaded Pockets

Actual price of the messenger at "my" seller: 5400 Thaibat. Shipping international 2300 Thaibat. Makes around 240 USD.

Moco likes this.
  20. protein

protein Loaded Pockets

I will go with Falcon III asap it gets to Europe dealers....