1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Recommendation? Multitool

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Jlui83, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Semper Praesidio

Semper Praesidio Loaded Pockets

Add another vote for the LM Wingman. Great tool, love that you can access the knife & scissors with the tool closed. I carry it in my briefcase as a backup to my Wave.

Also, buy on Amazon. Most of the time it's about 2/3 the price compared to a local retailer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. bpa

bpa Loaded Pockets

Not to throw a (EDC) monkey wrench into the mix, I don't like multitools, and don't carry them. It's not that I haven't tried several, but IMO they are too heavy for the functionality. I carry a pocketknife (Boeker keycomm), a Proto Screwdriver, Gerber keychain scissors, and an Atwood prybar. Does everything a multitool does, but lighter. Also no compromise on quality or functionality.

3. Jlui83

Jlui83 Loaded Pockets

I appreciate everyone's input on this... I currently have a leatherman Wave in one of my go bags.... Was thinking of getting another bag for EDC.... I might just use the WAVE or get the LM Wingman... Cant have too many muktitools! Thanks again

4. NutSAK

NutSAK Loaded Pockets

No functionality compromise at all? How do you cut through a piece of 4" PVC pipe with your setup? ...or cut through a bolt to shorten it, then smooth the rough edge off? ...or turn an allen or torx screw? ...or cut through a thick piece of hard wire? etc...

MrOG and CNeal like this.
  5. Cole505

Cole505 Loaded Pockets

LM squirt if you want something on the small side - I really like mine

6. bikeage_

bikeage_ Empty Pockets

I have a Letherman Juice S2 in my system every day. I used to carry a leatherman wingman, but I don't find myself needing the pliers all that often, and in my opinion, the scissors on the Juice S2 are much better than the wingman's. The blade on the wingman is much easier to access, but I carry a dedicated knife.
    If you're going to be using the pliers regularly, I vote wingman for size and spring-loaded feature. If you just want to have some nifty tools and a light set of pliers, Juice S2 all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrOG likes this.
  7. Jby2206

Jby2206 Loaded Pockets

I'll forth the wingman, I left pocket carry mine and love it. Just so you know, the clip is made for left pocket carry. I like the fact I doesn't have a bottle opener because I don't drink and its not a tool that will save your life. (If anyone has a story about a bottle opener saving your life send me a PM :) )

8. Dale

Dale Loaded Pockets

I gotta go with the Wingman as well. Inexpensive and very handy to have around

9. one45auto

one45auto Empty Pockets

I agree with those who've recommended the Leatherman Wingman, it's the most multi-tool for the least amount of money on the market. If price is a major consideration then that's the way to go in my opinion. The Sidekick is good also, but I think most people would get more use out of the scissors than a saw blade.

powerring likes this.
  10. eddie1115

eddie1115 Loaded Pockets

I just bought a Wingman last night. Seems to be a very solid EDC choice (I have a Wave, and a few Squirts). A Squirt lives on the key ring, but the Wingman fits nicely in the pocket, feels better suited for pocket carry than the Wave did. For half the price, and most of the same functionality, I'm pretty happy with it.

11. one45auto

one45auto Empty Pockets

I almost bought a juice, but I'm not a drinker so I figured the chances of my needing to open a wine bottle with the corkscrew were slim. They do look nice, though!

12. Chrisp0410

Chrisp0410 Loaded Pockets

I love the Wingman, had it since the holidays, I carry it in my work/EDC Slingbag and it works very well. I get a lot of use out of the clamshell opener and the scissors. I couldn't be happier. Between that, a chapman ratchet and some bits, a small prybar and a Gator Socket with bit adapter, I have everything I need toolwise. Best of luck...

13. Jby2206

Jby2206 Loaded Pockets

Don't forget the Duck Tape and superglue!!!!! :)

Keep Calm And EDCarry On

14. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I got a Juice S2 Yesterday,they are on sale at a local spot and it is the only one with no corkscrew which I also have no use for.

The Juice just can not be worth the price with the Wingman/Sidekick so inexpensive and more capable but there is still something about it that is fairly compelling too?

I think it is just so much smaller and lightweight but still with somewhat capable tools,I am not sure really if I will be keeping it?

The Leatherman Bit Adapter fits it too like it was designed for it while it does not work at all on my Sidekick so......

15. socalsecurity

socalsecurity Loaded Pockets

Id go with a Rebar, lightweight good tool load out and very well made.

Sent from NCC 1701D Enterprise

powerring likes this.
  16. powerring
    • In Omnia Paratus

powerring Loaded Pockets

My Wingman has a combo can/bottle opener. Did they change it?

I agree that it's a great tool especially on the value front. The Rebar is solid too. I have a Wave and a Charge but I carry the Wingman and Rebar far more, for whatever reason.

17. Jby2206

Jby2206 Loaded Pockets

Interesting... I have the latest model as far as I know. Maybe someone sent Leatherman a story about how a bottle opener saved someone's life??? :)

Keep Calm And EDCarry On

powerring likes this.
  18. socalsecurity

socalsecurity Loaded Pockets

Rebar is great,charge is great, wave is great. I'm recommend them all I carry more leatherman a than any other brand of MTs. But I haven't got my hands on a swisstool yet and that may change my mind about a lot if things.

Sent from NCC 1701D Enterprise

19. Jby2206

Jby2206 Loaded Pockets

My dad has a Swisstool, he's had it for about 7 years. He was the head maintenance man at a summer camp for those 7 years, his Swisstool saved an overflowing pool, an overflowing toilet, and a lot of other things that were overflowing. :)

Keep Calm And EDCarry On

20. trojansteel

trojansteel Loaded Pockets

Is there something to be said about the pin vs hex construction? It looks like the rebar is pinned while the wingman and kin are screwed. Is one more durable ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk