1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Recommend me a watch?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Minos, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Minos

Minos Loaded Pockets

Hi EDCF,

I'm the proud owner of a Seiko OM along with a skx171. I recently got bit by the urge to purchase another watch. I'm looking to get a quartz field watch, and not spend too much money. I like the look of the Momentum Steelix, and also (tho not quartz nor affordable) the Panerai Luminor.

I really like how the numbers are stylized on the faces of these watches and would like a watch with at least decent lume. Those are my two big asks. I realize my OM has spoiled me in the lume department. I've considered the homage watches like the marina militare, but I get tired of banging my giant automatic watches into everything. I also sometimes like to wear my watches with the face on the bottom of my wrist and I have to actually remove my watch to type comfortably at my computer when I do that. On top of that I have small wrists for a guy, 6.5".

My day job is a combination of office and field work. Some days I'll be shoveling dirt and compost (along with raw food scraps) but other days I'll be doing admin work so I would like it to be a little rugged and waterproof. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

2. Caleb

Caleb Loaded Pockets

Be a G!
    Get a G Shock!

Moshe ben David likes this.
  3. Municipal_Jedi

Municipal_Jedi Loaded Pockets

I just got a Bertucci A4T. Not as inexpensive as the Momentum (which I also looked at) but it is a fixed lug case made of titanium with tritium hand/numeral markers and a saphire crystal. It's water resistant to 100m and has a variety of strap options. They offer less expensive models with super lum and mineral crystals. All around I've been pretty impressed with it.

Minos likes this.
  4. nine204

nine204 Loaded Pockets

Check out the Momentum Flatline:

[​IMG]

Moshe ben David and Minos like this.
  5. Henryhoover

Henryhoover Loaded Pockets

If you haven't got one in your collection you need a G-shock preferably one of the solar atomic versions a must in anyone's collection it's what all my others are set to