1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Recommend me a new pocket knife

Discussion in 'Knives' started by sol92258, Jan 21, 2016.

1. ColdZero

ColdZero Empty Pockets

Just to through something European in the mix...
    Have you had a look at the Enzo PK70 ?
    Here is my PK70 Scandi Carbon
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nico Venter

Nico Venter Loaded Pockets

Was a huge spyderco fan! And i still love my spyderco knives but, i got a zt 562 and i am using the knife not hard use yet but, i must say it is still as sharp as the day i took it out of the box, shaving hair cuting paper with not problem, if you are looking for a knife that will last a life time, get a zt its solid, holds a edge (elmax) and is just a good looking knife. You do feel the zt's in your pocket! But there are lighter cf knives they make. My 2 cents take it like that, i am no expert but zero tolerance has me converted will be geting my self a new zt tomorrow. (Maybe 0452cf, 0770cf, 801 or the 566cf will go and handle all of the knives in store and pick one there)

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

3. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

Spyderco Roadie

[​IMG]

4. NelsonIII

NelsonIII Loaded Pockets

Spyderco Delica is my grail EDC. Big enough, but not too big. Middle of the road steel that has great rust resistance and ideal edge retention/re sharpening properties. One handed operation and tip up/down for left/right hand.

One note on the Sharpmaker I seen mentioned, you wont be able to re bevel with it unless you have supreme patience and time. Its merely to keep your knife sharp with consistent maintenance. Even the diamond stones they offer will be a time consuming affair with blades that need to be repaired due to hard use.

Edit: you will be happy with the Tenacious, great blade. Remember these are susceptible to rust due to the steel (which is a great budget steel).

5. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

Do you have one? How do you like it?

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  6. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

Yep, I have one and like it: it has all of the things you'd expect from a Spyderco to include a crazy sharp blade, a thumb hole, excellent ergonomics, etc. But, there are two things of note:

1. It is amazingly lightweight, and

2. It has no lock; friction holds it open or closed.

7. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

It's actually quite easy to remove the AO spring if you want to deassist the blade. Many people do. I actually prefer AO in my EDC. It is easier for me to open with my off-hand.

Adahn likes this.
  8. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

Of course you can remove the spring, but on the Cryo and the Leek the spring is acting as a detent to hold the blade inside. It's possible to drill a detent hole but it needs a lot of very exact and careful work. The good thing is that with 2 little kids and 1 income I don't have to worry about which knife I want to buy this month, it's more like 1/year :p

adnj likes this.