1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Recommend me a Fixed blade.

Discussion in 'Knives' started by lchoke, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Belush2
    • In Omnia Paratus

Belush2 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Well...."if you want only one"...

"This companion knife can be worn around the neck or in a pocket / inside the waist band (IWB). The design makes it a comfortable everyday carry fixed blade with great ergonomics. It is perfectly suited for daily cutting tasks, and is always ready to assist the user".

....Ouch....But I'll still suggest / recommend it...because you may want to put it on your "gift list"

Spartan Blades - Enyo

I Love Mine...it is a pleasure to carry

2. lchoke

lchoke Empty Pockets

Thanks for the smart remark tho not necessary I prefer to pocket carry with easy access leave my post please. Or just read the OP.

3. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

a bit touchy, are we? my post was not meant in jest. the HEST is perfectly pocketable, without the need for a clip or other such additions. the prybar on the handle is a great grab point. if you run some paracord to a belt loop, you can pull the knife from your pocket and it will seprate from the sheath nicely.
    there are spots on the sheath where you could put a clip if you must have one. I have never found it necessary. I hav always felt that poocket carry was built ito the design. without a clip, you have true deep carry for perfect concealment, front or back pocket.

4. lchoke

lchoke Empty Pockets

I understand this but I know what I want in my fixed blade and I posted that in the OP there is no need for you to come here all childish and start telling me how I want to carry. I love the HEST it looks like an excellent knife and it so far is the best recommendation I have received. That said I want to carry it how I want to carry it do you or do you not know of any leather sheath for it for in pocket carry.

5. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

If you like the knife, I am sure you will figure out a way to carry it that works for you.
    Good luck. Maybe someone can come up with some suggestions that work better for you than mine did.

:laugh:

6. cdr127

cdr127 Loaded Pockets

Plus one for the RAT Izula as a edc fixed blade. If you want to go a little bigger the ESEE RC-3 is a great small fixed blade.

7. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

If you wear a shirt untucked, you already have an easy, concealable way to carry a fixed blade. Simply tie a short string to your sheath, loop the other end around your belt, and tuck the sheathed knife into your waistband. Leave the handle sticking out and you have fast, immediate access to the knife, easy deployment and re-sheathing, and relatively inexpensive. This is my preferred method to carry a fixed blade as it is the most concealable and does not print the way hip-mounted holsters do.

An example of such carry is sold by Mercop (a patron of these forums) and demonstrated here: http://www.thehighroad.us/showthread.php?t=324661

There are, of course, tons of good options to carry a sheathed fixed blade and there are many sheath makers on and off the forums who would be happy to make one for you that suits your intended purpose or needs.

8. DemskeetSkeet

DemskeetSkeet Loaded Pockets

That's a great idea Carrot! Never thought about making a little tether tied to your belt or belt loop.

9. sveqs

sveqs Loaded Pockets

- the forum store has nice leather pocket sheaths in various sizes
    - or you can contact JRE Industries for a sheath, they got ready-made solutions for lots of models (beautiful combos with products from Blind Horse Knives, some right within your price range) or can do custom work for you
    - a third option is the "suicide clip", which is basically a retainer for teklok compatible sheaths
    it is made by a guy (Matt someone, apologies to him :) ) who goes by the name of SuicideFO (hence suicide clip), google him or I may be able to find his mail address somewhere if you wish

10. bigshowrenfro

bigshowrenfro Loaded Pockets

Check out Blind Horse Knives online. They may have something for you. These are custom knives that you will be proud of.

11. sveqs

sveqs Loaded Pockets

+1!
    alas they do not have pocket-ready sheaths like the OP specified. Still, great stuff, with a bit of cash to spare for an extra sheath

12. bigshowrenfro

bigshowrenfro Loaded Pockets

I am glad that you like their stuff. I want to have one of their knives myself. Let us know what you get. Shoot me a PM with a picture.

13. Bellasdaddy

Bellasdaddy Loaded Pockets

Love my ESEE Izula. Small and Sturdy

14. Larwyn

Larwyn Loaded Pockets

Well, my remedy, when I want something that is not available is to either; make it myself, lower my standards, keep my eyes open for new developments, or move on. In this case I would simply take a bit of leather, some artificial sinew, and a couple of needles and make a suitable sheath for whatever knife I picked out.

Maybe there is a bit of something to "the old way".

15. BobM

BobM Empty Pockets

+1 for the ESEE Izula. I got an aftermarket minimalist Kydex sheath and it pockets in my right front perfectly.

BTW the sheath that comes with the Izula and the Becker BK11 are not true Kydex rather some type of injection molded plastic. Perfectly servicable but tend to be a little thicker and bulkier than true Kydex.

16. sjmack

sjmack Loaded Pockets

BRKT Necker. Hands down. I love mine.

17. boomerweps

boomerweps Empty Pockets