1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Recommend me a Fixed blade.

Discussion in 'Knives' started by lchoke, Oct 4, 2010.

1. lchoke

lchoke Empty Pockets

I am looking for the perfect small fixed blade to add to my rotation. Must be small enough for pocket carry ALSO must have available pocket sheath. Either a clip style or the wallet style like for BRKT but Im looking for under or around 100 recommend away...GO

2. DaPro

DaPro Loaded Pockets

3. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

4. lchoke

lchoke Empty Pockets

5. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

I don't see why not .. It's Old School quality and if you don't like it, go and pay more ;)
    What would you use it for that would require fine or top quality steel other than saying that you payed more $$ for the knife ?
    After all you only intend to add it to a rotation ..
    My 2 cents ,)

BE WELL .. GH

6. DaPro

DaPro Loaded Pockets

Its a $$$ cheap knife, but rather nice in person, nice leather too. AG Russell has a no question return policy.

Good luck on your hunt.

7. lchoke

lchoke Empty Pockets

Not that I rather pay more just that I rather not buy garbage know what I mean? theres no substitute for quality.

8. lchoke

lchoke Empty Pockets

K thanks Ill look into that blade seems to have some decent reviews around.

9. Larwyn

Larwyn Loaded Pockets

There's nothing "garbage" about the AG Russel Woodswalker. It is a nice little fixed blade, easy to sharpen and holds a decent edge. The blade is thin, which is good for slicing. I got mine with the kydex neck sheath and keep it hanging from a lamp near my recliner when I am not carrying it. So though I do not carry it all that often I do use it regularly for many different tasks as when I am in my chair it is more accessable than a knife in my pocket would be.

If you hold out for a higher price and more exotic steel instead, you will be missing out a fine little knife.

10. DaPro

DaPro Loaded Pockets

Quality is in the Eye of the Beholder.........way more $50 or less knives in my case then more expensive.

11. lchoke

lchoke Empty Pockets

Value is in the eye of the beholder. Quality is NOT up for debate.

12. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

I use the ESEE HEST to fill this role. Lots of handy functions built into the knife's design.Lots of belly on that short blade. Industry's best warranty. Hollow micarta handles (that really don't look it) that can hold a surprising amount of stuff, all in a small package.
    In my HEST handles, I have:
    Fish hooks, a few lead weights, ~100' specra line, sewing needle, ferro rod, a firestraw, a couple of small safety pins, and a bit of aluminum foil
    Doesn't rattle, doesn't add any noticeable weight.
    Great little fixed blade, I do not leave home without it.
    Oh, and Jon has some in the forum store.

13. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

I have been incredibly pleased with my RAT/ESEE Izula. I suggest you may also. It is reasonably priced, made in the USA to high standards, and an excellent size for both carry and use.

14. DemskeetSkeet

DemskeetSkeet Loaded Pockets

I showed you my Rat Izula at the range and love the set up. I think it would work great with a pocket leather sheath(Jon usually has them in the forum store). Or, their are plenty of people on the forum that could make a nice leather sheath with a pocket clip.

I personally like this sheath: http://edcforums.com/showthread.php/40727-What-is-the-last-EDC-gadget-that-you-bought-Pics-encouraged.?p=931702&viewfull=1#post931702

The knife is nice as well but I think that a kydex sheath that brought the pocket clip up towards the top of the handle so just a small portion of the top of the handle is showing out of the pocket.

15. sbillard

sbillard Loaded Pockets

Ka-Bar Becker Necker (BK11) is perfectly pocketable in it kydex sheath (in a jean or sportswear/tactical pant). Very flat. Not the lightest blade, but very solid. Provide same blade size than Rat3, with the size of an Izula.

If you need a very light and small blade I would go for Doug Ritter RSK MK5 (it even goes into a wallet).

16. jackthedog

jackthedog Loaded Pockets

I don't have an Izula, but I would second the BK11. I was very impressed with the price, size (can easily fit a back pocket), and quality. The Kydex sheath is nice and I like the ability to wrap the handle as I like or buy scales. Only downside, for me at least, is that I have slightly larger hands and my pinky isn't always on the handle. Otherwise, great knife.

17. lchoke

lchoke Empty Pockets

That is a cool blade would need a way to pocket carry tho.

18. MedicX

MedicX Loaded Pockets

ESEE Izula. Doesn't have a clip on the sheath, but I pocket carry mine comfortably, and they have the best warranty in the business.

19. StealthChaser13

StealthChaser13 Loaded Pockets

check out the CRKT neckolas.

20. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

You just take the knife and sheath and stick it in your pocket. I do it all the time.
    If you got pockets, you got a way to pocket carry.