1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Recommend me a blue tooth headset

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by doby34, May 29, 2014.

1. doby34

doby34 Loaded Pockets

Hey guys. I need some advice on a bluetooth earpiece.

Musts:
    1) a2dp compatible
    2) at least as "hifi" (haha) as a jawbone icon
    3) can handle sweat and dust all day
    4) can handle temperatures between - 10f and 100f
    4) battery life- I listen to podcasts all day

I just went through my third jawbone icon hd. Was unhappy with the battery life which was really only good for 5 hours of listening.

Previous to those, I used Jabra (with mixed results)

I don't really care what it looks like. I would also consider stereo though single ear is preferred.

I expect to end up paying 100-150 usd.

2. patientcero

patientcero Loaded Pockets

I think the Plantronics Voyager Legend might be the ticket. The reviews I have seen they managed to meet the advertised 7hrs of battery life. The trade-off is size, compared to the Icon of course, and perhaps the boom mic if you don't like that style. Unfortunately I have no first hand experience with it myself, my needs have been met with the Icon HD.

3. VinceRN

VinceRN Loaded Pockets

I have the Plantronics legend one mentioned above. I like it, though I don't use it all the time because I can't use it at work. I've never tested battery life, but it's supposed to be good.

Sent from my mind using Tapatalk HD

4. aswan

aswan Loaded Pockets

Voyager Legend for sure. I bought one for work when CDL truck drivers legally had to go hands-free here in IL. I've asked the people I've talked to while driving a truck and they say the background noise is not noticeable. My other big requirement was the feel of the piece. This one falls right into place.

The feature I like most is it can tell when it is on your head or not. With this you can take a call with your phone and have the earpiece off, but still remain connected. If you receive a call and put the piece on your ear, it automatically picks up the call (and ends when you take it off).

5. TomInOregon

TomInOregon Loaded Pockets

Sharkk bluetooth headset. It has Bluetooth 4.0 and works well. I get around 5-6 hours of use paired to a Motorola 800mhz radio, but that's not constant talk. It comes with a docking station that charges the earpiece when you aren't using it, extending the battery life. When the earpiece is placed in the docking station, it automatically disconnects from your phone and when removed, it automatically reconnects. ~$30 on Amazon. Buy 2 if you want and swap out mid-day for longer battery life.

6. jemhouston
    • +2 Supporter

jemhouston Loaded Pockets

Last year, I help install several hundred Voyager Legends. They were dual tasked to work with laptops working with Cisco Communicator, I-Phones, or the internal Cisco wireless VOIP phones, pick which two at a time.

We had a fair number that we had trouble keeping synced with the laptops. Those were probably user error, but not all. We had some hard failures, but I’m not sure exactly how many. Sometimes we couldn’t get it to sync with the laptop, so we switched it out.

The ones we took out normally worked fine with another laptop, but not all. We needed up mix and matching the leftovers to get a number of good spares. I’m a little sorry I didn’t snag one of the “bad ones” for myself.

Battery life was about seven hours. I told people to charge it when they went to lunch if possible.

The other major issue was the volume. Some couldn’t hear it at maximum volume, other couldn’t stand it at minimum volume.

Ear comfort, same issue, some loved it and other hated wearing them.

If I needed a Bluetooth headset, this one is at the top of the list.

7. doby34

doby34 Loaded Pockets

I was grocery shopping today and picked up a Plantronics voyager pro hd (all they had). I'm going to give it a couple days and see if I like it. If I don't, I'll order a voyager legend and give the hd to my wife (Illinois hands free law as of january). I like that the voyager legend has a treatment on it specifically to tolerate sweat. I just mowed the lawn with the voyager hd on my head and I wish the max volume was higher. Is the voyager legend louder? Does anyone know an android app to push the hd's max volume higher, I used to have an app that did that on gingerbread. Thanks for all the responses.

8. TransportJockey

TransportJockey Loaded Pockets

I love the lg tone+ headets. I wear them :censored: near 24/7

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

9. rm3482

rm3482 Loaded Pockets

LG Pro HBS-705 is what I use. I work construction and can't event tell that I have it around my neck. I love it because if someone is talking to me all I have to do is pop it out and let it hang down. It doesn't have to actually be in my ear until I want it to be. Otherwise it is on and around my neck ready to go when I want it. I also listen to music and podcasts all day long.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

10. Rabidfox

Rabidfox Loaded Pockets

I've been through more than I care to admit lol. My thoughts on some of the better models

Jabra Stone: awesome love it excellent concept. left ear only crappy batt life (very reliant on the dock)

Jawone Era: my go to for a single ear good battery and all rounder (new one seems even better...havent tried it yet)

Plantronics 975: my runner up. good all rounder but it was a little bulky for my taste. sticking out from my ear was a dealbreaker

LG Tone 750/800: bought both to try, kept the 800s. thought i wouldnt like the halo thing but i dont mind it. bought primarily to replace my headphones but I'd have no problem using them for calls and such. batt life is amazing. only difference between the two models is active noise cancelling and slightly different physical design. i caught it for a $20 difference and the ANC was good enough for me to keep them.

Plantronics backbeat pro 2: didnt like em...good concept wore em for 20min and put em on the return pile. batt life wasnt bad, theyve got a cool battery case, and theyre low profile lightweight but they just feel weird

That said i use my era for business with slight use for music - tones for everyday and heavy music

11. Nick L

Nick L Empty Pockets

I have both the LG Tone and now the Motorola Buds. The Moto buds are the most comfortable headphones I have every purchased. I can get a solid 12 hrs of usage out of them, the range is very good and call quality is excellent. Available either direct from Moto as well as Amazon.

Nick

12. chaser

chaser Empty Pockets

You do not have to spend that much..

I am using a Jabra clipper, that is a bluetooth headset that fits on a molle system!
    It is military spec and therefore dust/rain/sweat and impact proof.

For the battery i own two of them so am able to swap them out if needed.. But till now a charge always lasted as long as needed. I think they would cost below 50 dollars since they cost around 50 euros over here.

Best feature in my opinion is the fact that it has a mini-jack plug so i can use my own headphones when i want to listen to music.

Hope this helps.. Did not even check the initial post date :p

13. K2-Kevin

K2-Kevin Loaded Pockets

Battery life is an issue if you plan on using it for podcasts all day. Beyond that, I have used a few BT Headsets and always go back to the Jawbone. Its been my experience, it offers the best sound quality and noise cancellation. I drive a jeep topless, caller on the other end can't tell the top is down.

14. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

I looked around at current LG BT headsets and both the HBS 730/HBS 750 have reasonable prices and from online & YouTube reviews offer good performance at good price points, I have to look into to getting on of these!!