1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Recommend Cargo's and GTX Shoes?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by SuzukiGS750EZ, Oct 9, 2017.

1. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Loaded Pockets

Hey guys. Looking for some Cargo pants and goretex lined shoes. I'm a young guy, so i would like a shoe that's got some color to it, not just brown... although all black is tolerable. I currently have a pair of the north face hiking shoes with goretex but would like something new. Also, what do you recommend for cargo pants? I don't like them "fitted" but i don't like them super baggy. Looking for shoes under 130 and pants like 30$ a pair or lower. Thanks!

2. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Ive got me a pair of adidas terrex swift gtx shoes, mine are black but they are available in kid friendly colours too! Nice shoes, like all adidas fit before you buy (they go very small, i need 2 full sizes up).

3. Legend

Legend Loaded Pockets

I am a huge fan of anything Salomon when it comes to footwear, I have a pair of the Salomon XA Pro 3D GTX Trail Shoe (that's a mouth full), and I love them. They are durable and comfortable, as well as low profile. As @Westerdutch said the Adidas Terrex series is awesome as well. Just be careful with Gortex shoes as they don't breathe much in a hot climate, but they rock when its raining, or snowing.

As far as pants check out Helikon Tex, and TruSpec; if you are trying to avoid tactical I would recommend REI's in house brand.
    --Ben

Mudinyeri and twin63 like this.
  4. SuzukiGS750EZ

I have looked at BOTH those shoes, but no stores around my area carry either of them. I read that the adidas shoes run half a size smaller than usual, i wear a 13. They don't make a half size lol. And the salomon ones looked interesting as well. I don't know how i feel about the bungies. I liked my north face shoes but the second pair i got didn't last like the first. I need durable and i need something that will help with the pain in my heels after a day out. I think when my heels hurt it's my shoes wearing out (the insoles). It's funny though, both shoes mentioned here have been the two i've been hung up on.

5. intocoman

intocoman Loaded Pockets

A better insole might help with the heal pain, like a Superfeet insole. They make a huge difference in my hiking, skiing and snowboarding boots.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

6. Bdon

Bdon Loaded Pockets

I second the Salomon XA's. I love mine.

twin63 likes this.
  7. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

Another vote for the Salomon XA's.

Most of my cargo pants are 5.11 and Tru Spec. You might want to check out LA Police Gear. They have a pretty good selection of cargo pants. I have a few pairs of the LAPG brand and like them, especially for the price.

8. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

Kuhl pants are awesome if you're looking for outdoor pants. Add a size to your waist, just FYI, and they're a bit more forgiving.

I hear Saloman and Lowa boots are awesome, but they're not wide enough for my feet. :(

If you're looking for a robust, leather boots (and a bit more weight) try anything by Danner.

Legend likes this.
  9. Legend

Legend Loaded Pockets

I have had good luck with arch support/good foot bed from Salomon products; that being said all the insoles in the hiking boots that I have owned (no matter the brand) have broken down over time, this results in an uncomfortable shoe when worn all day. Also the laces on the XA's aren't really bungies or shock cord, they are like a very thin nylon cord the cinches tight. I have found that these laces are quite rugged, secure, fast and have a long service life; you will more than likely need to replace them before you replace the shoe.

10. SuzukiGS750EZ

I ordered the salomon xa 3d GTX shoes

twin63 likes this.
  11. CIVSD

CIVSD Loaded Pockets

I don't have any good input for shoes, but for cargo pants I love 5.11. Tru Spec also makes good pants but with my regular loadout I prefer the pocket configuration on 5.11

12. mike3145

mike3145 Loaded Pockets

As was going to suggest La Sportiva, they have some shoes with a bit more pizzazz. So does Lowa and Asolo. Please let us know how the Salomon's work out for you...

13. SuzukiGS750EZ

I will! They'll be here Monday I believe

14. eacas10

eacas10 Loaded Pockets

I can't help with pants but Merrell shoes are awesome with some waterproof models.
    I've been wearing a pair of Chameleon Strech ll for work for the last year on rainy/cold days and couldn't be happier.
    [​IMG]

15. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

Another Salomon XA Pro wearer here.

TAD Recons are my favorite cargo pants. They have the pockets but they don't bellow out like so many other brands. VertX is a close second for the same reason.

16. SuzukiGS750EZ

Shoes are awesome. My feet normally get hot, sweat and then get freezing once it gets cold. I don't know if these breath enough or if there just made well and keep my feet warm but I haven't had that issue. Heel pain is gone as well. Makes me walk a bit more upright. My knee pain is mostly gone. We will see how durable they are.

twin63 likes this.