1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Recommend a Vertical Messenger Bag for 15” Laptop?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by guttaperk, Sep 26, 2017.

1. guttaperk

guttaperk Loaded Pockets

Budget: $150, flexible.

Will need to carry a 15” laptop with power cable, mid-sized headphones, and a 10” tablet.

Any ideas?

I am looking at the Think Tank Photo My 2nd Brain 15 Laptop Case, but I’m hoping to see some alternatives. The Think Tank looks as though it might be a tight fit for the headphones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#1 guttaperk, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  2. guttaperk

guttaperk Loaded Pockets

Nothing? :’(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Ren

Ren Loaded Pockets

Think if need laptop bag in the near future it'd be a Karrimor SF Upload. Unfortunately it carries every which way (rucksack, briefcase and shoulder bag) but not vertical.

4. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

Closest I've seen if memory serves is an everki vertical messenger which can hold a 14" and change laptop.

5. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Bihn and Waterfield both offer these

6. guttaperk

guttaperk Loaded Pockets

Bihn doesn’t do vertical for 15”, and Waterfield bags, though lovely, aren’t what I’m looking for in a laptop bag.

7. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Waterfield was not always so "Lovely" or expensive for it either!
    I am not a big fan of where they are now and when I needed a sleeve for a new computer recently I called and asked if they had any of the older style versions for my machine,they did and sold them to me at a huge discount too!
    So it might be worth calling to see if they have any old style Ballistic Vertical Bag for your machine,they were great in my experience and this is what hooked me on the line in the first place,not the Leather stuff they seem to like now!

Worth a try.

Also maybe the strangest bag on the market,the Vanquest Skitch 15 is sort of both Horizontal AND Vertical at the same time and heavily discounted last time I looked because of it?
    Very odd design but nicely made and hardly the worst bag I have ever bought......but I still can't figure out how to use it?

8. guttaperk

guttaperk Loaded Pockets

I looked again at the Waterfield bags, and I did find something — the Bolt Crossbody in Ballistic Nylon.
    It's great. A tad expensive, but great.

I looked at the Vanquest Skitch. A little more tactical than I'm looking for. But it looks interesting!

9. 343KD

343KD Loaded Pockets

For messenger bags, I use a bag from Chrome Industries, Greenroom136 or TAD - depending on the day/my mood.

Each company makes quality bags. Hopefully one of them makes something that suits your taste!