1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Recommend a Key Ring

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by 4ndy, Feb 2, 2017.

1. 4ndy

4ndy Empty Pockets

I am looking for a key ring where it won't rust and is made of good quality material. The rings that I have used in the past were just taken from random things. I would like just a regular ring, nothing fancy like free key system or whatever. Is there a brand you recommend or a certain key ring material that won't rust (especially on the inside), or are these key rings just destined to be replaced and when it comes to using them its just about quantity?

2. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

Never seen a key ring rust?? By nature they move and get banged around. There are Ti options but I've never seen the need.

3. Ethos

Ethos Loaded Pockets

Go to the hardware store and go the where they cut keys, there should be bins of different sizes of quality steel keyrings, not plated junk that comes with stuff.

Also go to Amazon and search for "ti edc" keyrings. There is a difference in quality and strength between steel and titanium which you will notice when you use them. I don't have many but I have a few.

4. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

5. bpa

bpa Loaded Pockets

This may sound radical, but keyrings are so cheap that you can buy the cheapest one and replace it years down the road when it develops flecks of rust. This would save significant funds over buying an expensive "rustproof" keyring.

barrett50 and Moshe ben David like this.
  6. DIlan

DIlan Loaded Pockets

I agree. I've never seen rusted ring. I think most of them are made of stainless steel nowadays or some other material that won't rust.

7. CIVSD

CIVSD Loaded Pockets

Titanium is really the only way to go. Sure, they are slighty more expensive, but you can build a full keychain rig for ~$20 and it will last your lifetime. I buy cheap paper towels, but when it comes to something I'm going to have in my pocket for twenty years?

These aren't too expensive https://www.amazon.com/Outus-Titanium-Rings-Split-Pack/dp/B06XT13RNG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1507356778&sr=8-2&keywords=titanium+key+rings for your main ring and I have some smaller 10mm titanium rings for individual keys.

Edit: I forgot to mention that titanium is also non-ferrous and the most hypo-allergenic metal known to man (or at least to me, lol).