1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Recommend a good gun belt?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by MCPOWoller, Nov 25, 2014.

1. tankmbt

tankmbt Loaded Pockets

That's the same I have, been a great belt so far.

2. Blinks711

Blinks711 Loaded Pockets

Ares Ranger. Once you have the adjustment and set up dialed in to your liking it is solid and proves to be a great foundation. I have put mine through some abuse and it still looks/feels brand new.

3. jjhmachine

jjhmachine Loaded Pockets

Been using a 5.11 1.5" belt I got from Amazon since early 2013. Still rigid and gives amazing support.

Transmitted Electronically through Tapatalk

4. manoloiv

manoloiv Empty Pockets

Have you looked at the Ares Aegis belts ?
    They are the most discreet and stylish edc belts.
    If you are on a budget, it might not be an option.
    You get what you pay for as the quality is outstanding and there is a variety of color options for both the buckle and belt.
    The original version is stiff enough to comfortably hold a Glock 42, spare magazine, flashlight and knife.
    There is an "enhanced" version which is stiffer.

5. kensington

kensington Loaded Pockets

I ended up ordering the EDC Cobra buckle belft ffrom S.O.E. with the velcro backing and like it. As with my original S.O.E. belt, 1.5" Rigid Cobra Duty Belt with Velcro liner, it is extremely rigid and supportive. As with the 1.5" you adjust the velro once and from there on out operation is easy as pie utilizing the cobra buckle, safe secure and solid.

Following pics have the original 1.5 on top with the EDC on the bottom. To get the 1" buckle on the 1" belt it is sewn into a strip of material that is then stitched onto the belt itself, which presents a different use experience but almost the same in the practical experience.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In the end I would prefer the 1.5" model as there is that belt overlap but the 1" buckle allows me to use it on more shorts than the 1.5" because it fits. My overlap issue could be rectified butting some extra material or by ordering a smaller size.

LOVE the belts!

As previously mentioned they often have 25% off sales, keep an eye on their facebook page.

6. thegamettt

thegamettt Loaded Pockets

I love the cobra buckle belts but stopped wearing mine as much because its a hassle feeding it through the loops lol

7. The Toecutter

The Toecutter Loaded Pockets

I have 2 Jones Tactical Cobra Shooters belts and they are very nice. Unfortunately, I lost a bunch of weight and they don't fit as well anymore. Also, Jones is a one man operation (might be different now) so from order placed to wearing the belt can be quite a while (7 weeks, maybe longer). Good belt though.

8. nylaw

nylaw Loaded Pockets

Exactly. I didn't think it would be a big deal but it really became a :censored:. Ares Aegis for me. Best belt I have ever bought.

9. flphotog

flphotog Loaded Pockets

I've tried these, but The Wilderness Instructors belt beats it by a mile.

Dorian likes this.
  10. Jby2206

Jby2206 Loaded Pockets

The only difference I see is the shape of the actual buckle. Am I missing something?

11. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

I just got a Vertx Raptor in. First impressions are VERY good.

It sags a tiny bit, but it's also holding a full size gun, an extra mag, and 35 rounds with 1 clip.

It's also 1.75", so it'll be a casual-only belt for me.

But, it's more comfortable and sags less than my a&g gun leather belt. I'm a fan.