1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Recommend a good gun belt?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by MCPOWoller, Nov 25, 2014.

1. tom frost

tom frost Loaded Pockets

I have a Volund Gearworks Atlas belt and I couldn't be happier with it. It is stiff enough to hold any holsters or sheaths/ pouches. It is also comfortable enough to wear all the time, every day, which I have done for well over a year. It is made in the USA, and incredibly robust and low profile. I doubt I will need to replace it anytime soon, but if I do, I will not hesitate to purchase another Volund Gearworks product.

Last edited by tom frost, Dec 23, 2014
    ManVsLawn likes this.
  2. Outbound

Outbound Loaded Pockets

I can't believe no body mentioned the Maxpedition Liger Belt. Hands down the best belt I've ever worn. I mine daily, at work (welding), at home, to weddings etc and to the rang. I've had a loaded Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm, 2 loaded mags, 3 full 4 or 5 round shotshell carriers and a leathrman on mine and it never even flinched.

I'll never have to buy another belt again. This one has seen daily use for 3 years and still looks pretty much new.

3. kensington

kensington Loaded Pockets

Special Operations Equipment is having a 20% off sale right now, if I had any money left I would pick up another belt.

Lou_G likes this.
  4. ty_higg

ty_higg Loaded Pockets

SOE gear belts and I like wilderness tactical to both good made in USA companies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. odg

odg Loaded Pockets

Fat Boy Belts by Two Fools Leather Goods. In my neck of the woods, at our get togethers, most of the guys will have Fat Boy Belts on. These are excellent. Lots of reviews out there.

6. Sheepdog149

Sheepdog149 Loaded Pockets

"The Beltman", of NC, makes superb leather belts, especially for gun-carry. I used mine the entire time I worked undercover, attaching a pistol, a double mag pouch and cuffs...

ManVsLawn likes this.
  7. rca90gsx

rca90gsx Empty Pockets

Another vote for the Volund Atlast G-Hook belt. I have SOE as well, but for everyday use that G-Hook belt is perfect!

ManVsLawn likes this.
  8. Sheepdog149

Sheepdog149 Loaded Pockets

Check out "Andrews Leather" too. That's who I went with for my off-duty rig. I got his pancake style "Raptor" holster, 1.5" belt, and single mag pouch, made out of elephant trunk leather. His stuff isn't cheap, but the quality is nothing less than superb. Plus, I'm sure it'll last for a very, very long time.

9. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

Old thread but I'll play....

Bought a COBRA belt from Talon Tactical a couple months back and could't be happier. Just wish I had found it back when I started to carry. I like the fact that it's infinitely adjustable and one of the more comfortable duty belts I've ever purchased. I wear it all day in comfort. Great customer service too. Got my belt within 5 days of placing the order.

Was going to order from Special Operations Equipment until I watched a Youtube video of them ranting about customers that had the audacity to ask SOE simple questions. SOE goes on to belittle and berate them. I'm sure they make great stuff, but I'll spend my money somewhere else.

10. RatInDaHat

RatInDaHat Loaded Pockets

I'm using a 1.5" cobra belt from Elite Survival Systems that was on sale on Dvor. It has been working well for the last few months. It is multi-layer and reinforced. I do want to find a nice 1.5" belt that uses the 1" cobra buckles as the 1.5" buckles are 2" tall and don't really fit through my belt loops. All in all i'm happy with the purchase, but there are a ton of other options at the retail price or the ESS belt.

11. tankmbt

tankmbt Loaded Pockets

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Hank's Amish handmade gun based on workmanship and materials. I haven't used mine for a gun but has carried my multi tool and buck knife quite well.

12. Dorian
    • In Omnia Paratus

Dorian EDC Junkie!!!

Deja ve just posted this on a different thread.

13. GrantC

GrantC Loaded Pockets

I've reviewed a lot of belts over the years and have made quite a few friends in that business (my wife used to make custom belts and holsters as well.) I've seen nearly everyone's, and Ken Null's belt is by far the best in terms of both quality and appearance. The skived, sewn and properly finished edges make it akin to a top-end dress belt yet it's very stiff and supportive of heavy loads. What really sets it apart is the custom-made (and trademarked) bronze buckle, which looks like nothing else in the firearms world but does look like something you'd see in a men's fashion catalog.

Expensive, but you won't find anything which really compares.

Dorian likes this.
  14. nylaw

nylaw Loaded Pockets

I have been through more belts then I can fit on my closet belt hanger. Volund G hook and cobra. 5 different riggers,instructors, Wilderness. I liked the Volund G hook at first but I couldn't get it tight enough and my pants were sagging. I had to find something better. A lot of people were talking about the Ares Aegis. I thought it was expensive so I never really considered it. One day my pistol fell out of my holster from my pants being loose. That was it for me. I decided to give it a try.

I now have no use for for my other belts. I now see why this belt is so highly thought of. Worth every penny and I would have saved money if I would have just bought it first. I also listened to some old timers and bought Perry Suspenders. This belt holds my pants up fine but I can leave the belt looser with the suspenders. They clip to the belt not the pants. Simple and cheap. I think they were $14 on Amazon. Together it's the holy grail for me. I carry only IWB. If you look at the pics the buckle looks huge but I can't feel it when sitting like I do with riggers buckles. They have 2 models I bought the stiffer of the two so I can't speak to the other model. I can also cinch this belt up as tight as I want due to the buckle design. The G-Hook for me didn't come close. The Volund Cobra and I am sure any Cobra is a p i t a to thread taking half the buckle off. I also sent it back to him to have a velcro tail put on which makes even worse to thread. His pricing and customer service were outstanding but in the end they just didn't work out for me.

I did buy a leather Beltman for my GF. Customer service was excellent. They called with a measurement question. She loves the belt and if I was looking for leather, I would not hesitate ordering from them.

15. Matthew03

Matthew03 Loaded Pockets

I use a small boutique custom leather gun belt maker, Mike Bissell who owns Armour Belts. Very high quality, and fair pricing. My belts arrived in under a week both times, he has recently added high end exotic inlays, more color and stitching combinations, etc.

This one is several years old and has been worn everyday.
    [​IMG]

Wishoot likes this.
  16. manoloiv

manoloiv Empty Pockets

The 5.11 Tactical trainer belt is a great choice.
    It is 1.5 inches wide, comes in a variety of colors and is quite adjustable.

You can even dress it up and it does not look that tactical .

17. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

Can't help with brand, but I'd suggest checking out any local gun shows. I picked up a super nice leather belt for $30, it's super thick and very well made. It isn't stamped anywhere so I'm assuming it's custom/hand made.

18. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

'Matthew- What holster are you using in this picture?

19. RatInDaHat

RatInDaHat Loaded Pockets

that looks like a katana holster that he made. Though i could be incorrect.

20. gatorbait1872

gatorbait1872 Loaded Pockets

I wear a hanks Amish CCW belt with a brass buckle. Best I've had so far and less than $50[​IMG]