1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Recommend a dive watch

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Cody_2ZZ, May 29, 2018.

1. Cody_2ZZ

Cody_2ZZ Loaded Pockets

Hey all--as the title says, I'm looking for a dive watch. I'll be completing my PhD (English lit) in a few months, and I'd like to mark the occasion with a nice watch (or give the wife something to think about).

My two stipulations: should be <$500 and between 37 and 40mm. My wrist is on the smaller side, around 6.5", so anything more than 40mm (though I know dive watches tend to be on the larger side) look big on me, depending on the lug-to-lug measurement. Just as a point of comparison, my daily driver is a 37mm Citizen field watch.

So--what would you all suggest?

2. TakeDeadAim

TakeDeadAim Loaded Pockets

Without a doubt I would recommend a Marathon Watch, they make several dive watches from 36mm to 46mm. I have one of the JSAR (46mm) size which I have had for many years. I have used this watch as a daily and it has seen shock, water dust etc and keeps going. Very well made, they are search and rescue team watches for a number of governmental agencies world wide. Marathon is a Canadian company but the watches are Swiss made.

3. Il Duce

Il Duce Loaded Pockets

Look into Seiko

Moshe ben David likes this.
  4. Robw1975

Robw1975 Empty Pockets

5. speedy

speedy Loaded Pockets

Luminox with a yellow background for it's easy to see in water. G-Shock is my 2nd choice but take it from me don't press the buttons when it's wet.