1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Recommend a AA EDC light

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by zenlunatic, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Bogwan

Bogwan Loaded Pockets

I have no experience with the D10 but I have a Nitecore EZAA R2 that has the same output in lumens and weight is about half that of the D10.

It was purchased for $35 and I am very happy with it.

2. brix

brix Loaded Pockets

The Nitecore D10 are great, you might also want to take a look a the Quark Series or even the Quark Mini by 4Sevens.com. Great lights and they are located in the US so getting warranty work done would be a lot easier than Nitecore which is based out of Hong Kong.

3. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Lots of good choices. I'm sure all of these have already been mentioned . . .

Nitecore EZ AA model, Quark Mini AA, Maratac AA (along with the iTP version of the same light), Eagletac P10A.

4. Patriot222

Patriot222 Empty Pockets

Ditto!

I'm a big fan of the Maratac AA and the Quark Mini AA. I have no experience with the Eagletac P10A yet.

5. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

P10A is basically a AA version of the Surefire E1B, but with medium and high modes. Instead of the E1B's low and high modes. U.I. for switching between the two modes is better than on the E1B. Clip on the P10A is thicker too. Unlike the E1B which sags out of the pocket of a pair of pants when clipped bezel-up, the P10A can actually be carried that way. Clip attachment on the E1B is a bit better than that of the P10A.

Despite having nearly 20 Surefires, I won't be adding an E1B to the collection due to having a P10A. P10A is considerably less slippery than the E1B. But that much output from a single AA light means the emitter is being horribly over-driven on the P10A. (Not the first time Eagletac has done that.)

6. seawolf69

seawolf69 Empty Pockets

4sevens Quark AA (109 lumen) or AA2 (206 lumens)!

7. benlg

benlg Loaded Pockets

Another vote for the Nitecore D10, its my favorite and most used light. Followed by the Fenix LD10.

8. unclevit

unclevit Empty Pockets

I must be the lucky person as I have been using LD10R2 for almost a year now. Carried it every weekend and some week nights. Nothing wrong with it so far. My LD10R2 is equipped with eneloop 2000 mAh bat.