1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Recommend A 2L Water Carrier

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Andi Licious, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Andi Licious

Andi Licious Loaded Pockets

So I’m beginning to prep for the year ahead and I night fish overnight midweek between finishing work in an evening and starting the following morning.

I use on average 2l of water for the nights drinking and cooking.

I am currently using 2l disposable bottles that I pick up from a shop on the way to the lake. This is getting costly and also creating lots of single use plastic.

I would prefer a hard plastic or metal container so it last a long time. I’m not worried about it being insulated.

I will be drinking directly from it and also pouring into my kettle or jetboil dependant on which cooking method I choose to take.

I am welcome to all suggestions as long as I can purchase it in the Uk and not need to spend more than the cost of the item on shipping!

Cheers,

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. ballistic

ballistic Loaded Pockets

Moshe ben David likes this.
  3. Andi Licious

Cheers.

I never even looked for that brand as I assumed they didn’t have an outlet in the UK! Now I’ll no doubt be spending on other things

I could really do with a rectangular shape rather than a cylindrical shape so it fits my bag better. But I could make do with a cylindrical one if needs be.

I’ll hang it out a few more days and see if there is any other suggestions coming in.

4. Andi Licious

So I’ve found the solution for me. A Platypus water bottle. Perfect for my needs.

twin63 likes this.
  5. kukla

kukla Loaded Pockets

There's a lot to be said for the 2l plastic "disposable" bottles.
    If you get fairly sturdy ones, they last a long time and can be refilled & re-used.
    That brings down the cost and they're very lightweight and take up almost no more room that the water than they contain.

6. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

A little caution is warranted with plastic 'disposable' bottles. The plastic used is known to slowly dissolve/leach into even water. Over time this has health concerns. You can hunt on line and find a fair amount of discussion. There are after all good reasons why lab ware is generally either glass, Nalgene, or SS...!

Personally I go either for Nalgene or SS. Unless the wall thickness is that of a tank, not a lot of mass is involved. Think of the extra health benefits just from carrying slightly more mass... ;)

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

ballistic likes this.
  7. ballistic

ballistic Loaded Pockets

I would have recommended the Platypus but the OP stated metal or hard plastic, hence my Kleen Kanteen recommendation... I have a Platypus 2L stored in a BOB with my water filtration kit but don't use one daily.

twoisone likes this.