1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Rechargeable Led Lenser Pro's & Con's...

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Trout Sniper, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Trout Sniper

Trout Sniper Uber Prepared

Any negatives about the new LedLenser flashlights/headlamps? Like the MR7 because of the charging "cordless base station" method but the new MT10 is also very nice, though with usb....fits in the hand nice... Don't see a lot of posts of the LL....[​IMG]

Sent from my VFD 1100 using Tapatalk

2. Dr Jekell
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Dr Jekell I had fun once, It was awful.
    Staff Member

I can't speak for others but I think they are overly bulky and over priced for what you get.

For what I could spend on a rechargeable Led Lenser light, I could buy a light from someone like Olight (or other mfg) with batteries, charger, shipping and currency conversion & likely still have change left over.

They are middling lights with average build quality, lumen output and options.

I would rather buy an Olight S10R which blows it out of the water in both build quality, lumen output, size and gives you the option of using primary batteries if need or replacing the rechargeable battery.

3. soundlessnut

soundlessnut Loaded Pockets

I have a couple of led lenser lights. An original M7R and F1 pocket light. To be honest though I really only bought them because I can source them locally. The M7R has never faulted, but these days it just sits next to my bed and really doesn't get used. The f1 has also served me well, very bright and good throw but chews through the batteries (cr123a). If olight was easier to get here then I probably would've gone with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Dr Jekell
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Dr Jekell I had fun once, It was awful.
    Staff Member

Ah another New Zealander, I use Going Gear myself, they have great service and quick shipping (plus Marshal the owner makes very good review videos).

5. Trout Sniper

Trout Sniper Uber Prepared

Similar situation this side ...... Olight/Fenix way more expensive than Led Lenser

Sent from my VFD 1100 using Tapatalk

6. soundlessnut

Thanks mate, I'll look him up

7. soundlessnut

Led lenser here generally carry quite a high price tag, for the price of the standard F1 I could've actually bought a decent rechargeable olight but the place I found is constantly out of stock