1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Realskinwallets.com Mustard Lizard Wallet

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by Beneficial, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Beneficial

Beneficial Loaded Pockets

As many of you know, I reviewed the shark skin wallet and that was going to be it for me because that wallet is so nice. It broke in very well and is thin but TOUGH. Then the site put up this lizard skin wallet and I ended up looking at the pictures and saying :censored:! The black dots on one side looked like the incremental lights that appear on old school equalizers from the 80's. My addiction kicked in....

[​IMG]

Packaging: Since it is the same as the last wallet, I will post the pic from it.

[​IMG]

Stitching: This time it is not a "tough stitch" but a normal stitch. I was concerned that normal stitch would not be as tough but the edges are solid and i'm not worried about fraying. There were no errors in the stitch.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fit And Finish/Materials:
    Again, the new leather smell was very aromatic. The outside is a monitor lizard. My best guess is that it is the belly skin with the start of the pattern off to the side. The scales have a smooth to the touch feel but also feel tough. This is the natural color, no dyes were added.

[​IMG]

The inside is made of a bison leather except for a small portion of polyester on one side of the bill compartment. The bill divider is also made of thick bison leather. The front of the bison leather is smooth and the other side is a little rough so there is a completely smooth compartment on the inside and the outside bill compartment has help holding stuff in (even though theres no issue of falling out anyway.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Design:
    This is a trifold (ID flap) style wallet. I really hate ID flaps but this wallet looked so cool that I disregarded that bias. Otherwise, in everyway it is the same as a bifold. There are only 2 secret compartments instead of 4 though. I'm sure this is because of the increased width with the bison leather. The ID flap has a mesh over it so it makes whatever is in it appear dark but it is visible. This is a fine substitute to a plastic window which will erode/warp over time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have so many wallets now and this one is definitely my favorite. I get compliments whenever I pay for something. I don't understand how such quality is so cheap. The best things don't have a name brand in 500 places. Some people wont pay more than $10 for a wallet and that's fine. If you are not that person, then try one of these.

[​IMG]

2. QED

QED Empty Pockets

Heya Beneficial.

Lovin the pics, I like the material mesh id holder. I was all set to buy the "chocolate" ostrich wallet, emailed them to ask about the stiffness of the bison leather inside that divides the cash. Was worried it'd be too thick. Have to say, pretty impressed, the owner emailed back with pics of another ostrich wallet not on their site with a materiel divider. Its a little darker than the other one but it was also $10 cheaper ! So I bought the thing :D Will post pics when it arrives.

3. Quixotica

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

Mmm. Love the yellow skin. How thick is this wallet when it's fully loaded up? Do you have a profile shot?

4. Beneficial

They have another black and yellow lizard wallet left. Honestly i think the orange one is nicer than that though, it looks like fire! I didn't take profile shots because they can be deceiving. You definitely feel it in the back pocket but its not a "pocket bomb." I tried to simulate out of pocket and in pocket by hollding the wallet tightly. This is with about 10-15 bills and a bunch of cards.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Simulated being sat on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Beneficial

Did you receive the wallet?