1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Really slim gloves wanted

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by J4C3, Jan 1, 2010.

1. J4C3

J4C3 Guest

Can anyone point me in the right direction for slim gloves,there to add to my EDC just to take the edge of no need to be winter proof,just a back up pair that are easy to carry and dont take much room
    thank you

2. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

j4c3 - thanks for asking this!

I will gladly follow along...I carry the "mechanics" gloves, but am not totally sold on em..even if they are cheap enough and durable...

3. jonny8642

jonny8642 Loaded Pockets

I usually have mechanix brand m-pacts light weight and durable with a little bit of extra protection if you're working on something. In the winter months I carry CLC brand handyman winter 40gram insulation they don't take up alot of room and keep your hands decently warm.
    m-pacts
    handyman winters

4. kg5388

kg5388 Empty Pockets

look into http://www.officerstore.com/store/category.cfm/cid_88_gloves/ or any other uniform supply house. you can get nice thin search gloves from $15 to an average of $30 in many different materials from leather to Neoprene to goat skin

Most of the us at the Sheriff Dept use and like the Hatch brand of gloves the best

5. Shelby

Shelby Empty Pockets

6. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Agree with Shelby on the CountyComm gloves. O0 Like 'em.

But my favorite gloves are neoprene- got 'em at a fishing shop.

Fairly warm,don't creep,decent trigger feel.

But rigging rope/rappelling rope eats neoprene.

----Gnarly :evilgrin:

7. tool amour

tool amour Loaded Pockets

+1 on the nitrile/Lycra gloves.

I have a pair of baseball batting gloves and they're perfect for chopping wood, working around the garage, wiring, etc. Much closer fit than standard work gloves.

8. J4C3

J4C3 Guest

Thanks guys i will look closer at all those
    cheers

9. Crude

Crude Loaded Pockets

Check out Menards, Home Depot and Lowes. They all carry various types of handymans gloves suited to different job and conditions. A while back Menards had their Ironclad gloves on sale and I bought a pair of their winter neoprene gloves to go with my general contractors gloves I already love. The winter gloves give you good dexterity while keeping those fingers warm. The only downside is that my hands get sweaty in warmer weather and they still get cold in sub zero temps. I'de say that are probably good for 50F to 20F.

10. patches152

patches152 Loaded Pockets

i got these for christmas, and i never leave home without 'em if its below 50*

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/mens/accessories/gloves/cold-weather/pid1006610-ColdGear-Liner-Glove/1006610-002

be sure to follow the directions for sizing. they have to fit SNUG! for them to work properly.

they're lightweight, stuffable, they have silicone grip on the palm/finger area so you can pick up something as small as a coin off of the floor. and the price is right. they're available at most sports apparel stores, including cabelas

11. fast45

fast45 Empty Pockets

Try the Hatch Cool-Tac MT250 fit like a second skin, leather so they grip weapons nicely. No thick seams and extra material at the end of the fingers.

12. Skidder

Skidder Loaded Pockets

I carry a pair of issue flight gloves in my pack or in my jacket. I would say they are nearly perfect for what you are looking for.

13. havz

havz Empty Pockets

I usually have a pair of 5.11 Tac-A gloves or a Pair of Mechanix gloves on me when I am at work or out-n-about.

I would like to try a pair of Mechanix "Tactical The Original® Covert Glove" but cannot find them around where I live.
    Mechanix Tactical "The Original Covert Glove"

I like to try things on before I buy them (Boots, hats, gloves etc...) I like them to fit just right...

14. JaredEDC

JaredEDC Loaded Pockets

Does anyone have gloves that you can wear and still type with? How thin can I get while still keeping warmth functionality?

15. jeeves3443

jeeves3443 Loaded Pockets

Dakine makes some really nice gloves. I think they're "For Mountain Biking" but I've got two pairs of their 'small' sized gloves and they're great. Older models. I'm sure they've got some crazy stuff out now, I've seen a pair or two with stuff called DV - IIRC. Supposed to be micro thin and flexible until impact then it stiffens up. I don't know if that's of any interest to you but I digress.

I wore them snowboarding last weekend in NC. They aren't water proof, so they were wet (to say the least) but they still kept my hands nice and warm (somehow). I could absolutely type on a keyboard with them (think thick surgical glove), and with some practice can say that typing on an Iphone probably would not be impossible. I can't say from experience though, so don't take me very seriously.

There's my $0.02

16. starless

starless Empty Pockets

I just got a pair of REI glove liners to use as light-weight gloves I can carry with me most of the time.
    I don't know how useful they'll really be, but they do fold up pretty small.

17. Crude

Crude Loaded Pockets

18. jehan60188

jehan60188 Loaded Pockets

19. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

20. subseasniper

subseasniper Empty Pockets

Try North Face E-Tip. Very slim fitting and have a special material and the tip of the thumb and index finger that lets you use the scroll wheel on ipods, ipod touch screens etc whilst wearing the gloves.

I wore mine when out shovelling snow from the path yesterday and they are warm enough and very close fitting.