1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Real estate agents gear

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by Daveho, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Actually very good functional reasons.

Until the recession hit, I was working in the flooring business (carpet, HW, etc etc). Had to do site visits and my own measuring.

Rare is the room that has a clear path everywhere you need to lay down a tape measure. Trying to do it in the air, single handed presented limitations -- the tape will collapse of its own weight; even the best ones (Stanley Fat Max) can only be extended about 10 ft or so before that happens. With a laser you can just take the measurements wall to wall without worrying about obstructions.

Second point: most lasers can easily measure out well past 50 feet. Hard to do with a tape of any kind without the above mentioned floor path. And the laser is much faster.

Third point: there are times when measuring a space without lighting becomes an issue. Laser don't care! Tapes do.

Finally, for those who advocate using a radar based device. Even if it uses a laser for targeting. Read most instructions. Radar devices generally need a target wall area that can be HUGE depending how far out. Like 5 ft x 5 ft to accomodate the laser 'cone' that is sent to the target to bounce back...

Enough said?

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

jag-engr likes this.
  2. tbzbbt

tbzbbt Loaded Pockets

Laser rangefinder for getting close up of roof and measuring back yards. Multitool. GoPro for recording walkrounds. Telescopic spoke for poking for termites or spider holes. A long litter claw for picking up disgusting things left by tenants...or snakes.
    Pens, paper, business cards. Personal alarm. Gps tracking device for your security. Personal lantern useful in home illumination.
    PostIt notes for leaving messages.

Tbzbbt

Gary Gross and Moshe ben David like this.
  3. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

Actually looking at their shirts and one of their blazers at the moment... I think it's going to be one of those things that I obsess over until I get it.

4. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

Get some and let us (me, lol) know what you think.

I'm thinking of changing up my work attire a bit.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

5. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

There's a blog I've read for many years (connected with my other work interests) about RedTeams and they seem to recommend them highly. I am just smuggling my recent GR1 purchase under the nose of the domestic chief of staff and then the Bluffworks is next on the list.

6. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

I follow Red Teams as well. If you're in the digital community, I'd love to pick your brain. I'm in psychiatry and would like some tech know how. I bought a series of videos from a fellow named Mike Meyers (not kidding), but boy it all runs together after a while. I abandoned it back in July to work towards (and gained) my ham license.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited by ArkansasFan30, Jan 2, 2018
    #26 ArkansasFan30, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    Journo likes this.
  7. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

I have done it as a main job, and now as a secondary role aside from journalism. Any help I can give just ask.

ArkansasFan30 and Daveho like this.
  8. Daveho

Daveho Loaded Pockets

TBH people here got a bit salty and don’t actually read what’s been written so I haven’t really been following this thread.
    Thank you for the offer, I have actually had a falling out with my boss (he was a bit more lax with legalities than i would like) and have resolved to move into property management which should be more suited to me.

9. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

Just another thought, most lock boxes are now electronic boxes in my area. How many of you have your e-key on a phone or tablet? How many of you still carry the old hardware? Although I'm not an agent, I am an associate member of the local board of realtors as a contractor and put the e-key app on a tablet. Although I've never lost a mobile phone (knock on wood), it seems that a phone would be easier to lose than a tablet.

I've also owned multiple technology businesses so feel free to ask tech questions. (Perhaps, another thread?)

ArkansasFan30 likes this.
  10. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

Sorry Dave. we're at Cross purposes, I was replying to ArkansasFan30...

ArkansasFan30 likes this.
  11. bpa

bpa Loaded Pockets

I help my wife with her real estate business occasionally. Here is a list of things I have used:
    Pen
    Paper
    Camera
    Tape Measure
    Device for opening privacy doors (had to extricate a 4 year old who locked herself in)
    Toolkit for small repairs
    Remember that anything you do could lead to liability, so the less you do, the better.