1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

RE: Car remote situation unchanged. Make my own case?

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by fshalor, Jul 16, 2009.

1. fshalor

fshalor Loaded Pockets

My current pocket EDC delima is, I'm going getting my truck back as my "full time driver" from it being on loan to family for most of the time I've had it, and it has a huge remote.

I've gone the year without a remote for occasional use, but I definitely see the potential in them. It is handy to be able to unlock and the remote makes sure that the full entry system is actually enabled. So, I'm posting to see if anyone's seen or heard of anyone offering one of the following:

- Custom cased "replacement" remotes that don't look like they were made in 1995 when crappy black plastic was in.
    I'm thinking either GS-10 (knife scale material), Kydex, fiberglass, Al, or Ti accents.

- Any suitable starter stock source for making my own "case" to take existing internal RF and clicker module.

I have half a template done in plexiglas of a slimmer remote fob from my investigation last summer. I'm just not very good at making things that small and don't expect great things out of myself, even though I have access to good machines.

So, any thoughts?

2. Manatakui

Manatakui Loaded Pockets

I don't have any ideas for a replacement remote, although the idea does sound quite nice. Do be careful to not damage the remote components, however, seeing as replacements from a dealer can easily run $90 or above. :/