1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Rat Wallet Organization

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by iamsalomon, Jan 11, 2010.

1. iamsalomon

iamsalomon Loaded Pockets

Hi all,
    Just curious as to see how anyone organizes their maxpedition rat wallet. How much stuff can fit in it and what type of gear is more adept to be included?

Kind regards,
    John

2. anifong

anifong Loaded Pockets

also interested in the rat wallet - interested to see how folks are using theirs.

3. Kurt S.

Kurt S. Empty Pockets

4. Municipal_Jedi

Municipal_Jedi Loaded Pockets

No pictures but I HATE my RAT wallet. It doesn't sit well on my Jumbo and it seems overly large and in the way for what fits in it. I have been exploring my options but haven't really found what I want to replace it with.

5. robertrock

robertrock Loaded Pockets

:iagree: It starts out fat and gets worse after I loaded it. I tried to cannibalize it but it was no better.

Decided to go with a MaxP barnacle and a CC Razr case for what I was needing to carry. I really wanted to like the Rat, because it took awhile to get one. Alas, it's just too FAT.

robert

6. Cuso

Cuso Loaded Pockets

Here's mine:

[img width=640 height=508]http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Cuso77/DSC09987.jpg[/img]

[img width=640 height=556]http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Cuso77/DSC09991.jpg[/img]

[img width=640 height=470]http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt196/Cuso77/DSC09990.jpg[/img]

I actually like mine, but I would so some modifications to the design though.

1. The attachment point- There's too much velcro in the back, and its difficult to thread trough your belt. I actually caught a corner of the velcro patch with the inside of my nail trying to separate it (ouch!). I will prolly end up removing that extra velcro. I would appreciate some sort of clip for easier belt/pack attachment.

2. Yes, it gets bulky after a few items. I was going to remove the phone pouch and use both compartments apart from each other, but it doesn't seem like a good idea, I might end up destroying the thing since I can't find some of the seams.

Overall is a good little pack that tries to accomplish one thing, keep your phone and wallet in the same place...

7. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

I agree it is just to fat to wear on a belt. Mine sat in my "junk" box for over a year until I got some accessories for my iPod touch. Now it contains a backup battery charger in the front phone pocket and my RCA cable adaptor with USB charger cable in the main pocket. I don't wear it anymore, I just throw it in my day bag when needed. I did have to cut out the divider in the main pocket to get the cables to fit.

8. ZoomFlight15

ZoomFlight15 Loaded Pockets

i thought it looked pretty useful at first when i saw pics on the net.

I ordered one, thinking it would work great in a Janus-type role.

Once i got it tho, i quickly realized that it was way overbuilt, and was too bulky for what it actually held.

The worst part about it tho, is that too me, it looks like a ladies wallet. :(