1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Raining in LA and i ant got a flashlight

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by chico13, Jan 19, 2010.

1. chico13

chico13 Loaded Pockets

its raining hard and all flashlight my best flashlights are in my car :brickwall: and my wife has it at work im a little worred that the power might go out :shocked: all i got with me is an Energizer 2aa flash light but its better than nothing :smooch:

2. TECENG
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer
    • In Omnia Paratus

TECENG Loaded Pockets

And what have we learned from this, Grasshopper?

3. chico13

chico13 Loaded Pockets

well come on you cant rilly blame me i liv in CA i didnt Expect there to be a Tornato warning issued but yes i normily hav at least one good light here @ home but i guess i lurned my lesson

4. jzmtl

jzmtl Loaded Pockets

That's why people invented keychain light.

5. chico13

chico13 Loaded Pockets

i hav a key chain light but like i sed my wife has the car hets She has my keys

6. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

Based on the title, I was going to say "Turn in your EDC card now!" ;) But you did have a light afterall. You're right, tornados in Cali???

7. chico13

chico13 Loaded Pockets

thxz but i dont think i need to turn in my EDC card in yeat not un till i dont hav sumthing i need

8. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

Living in CA is no excuse but then again....living in CA is no excuse!

Your best lites should always be readily available or at least something that you won't have to write home about. Keep some Mag LED's in the house if nothing else. Get some as soon as your wife gets home, along with some Gore-tex.

Least you have a lite.......

HJ

9. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

It's not our fault that he can't stop saying California with a "K" :laugh: (yeah I'm from Cal too :rolleyes:)...Hopefully you've still got a good knife/BOB, and remember that 2 is 1...I've got three lights on me right this second, so your leaving every good light you own in the car is a copout. You should always have at least one good light on hand at all times.

10. chico13

chico13 Loaded Pockets

i should say i use my flashlights for work so thats a the reason that i hav them in the car

11. freedoom

freedoom Loaded Pockets

get a 1 AAA flashlight like the maratac light and keep it in your pocket or on your keys.

12. mr.hauser

mr.hauser Loaded Pockets

I've always got a keychain flashlight on me at all times, a better light in my EDC bag, and another in the car. Backups are always handy.

13. VT-aroo

VT-aroo Loaded Pockets

I would not go SAR with a 2AA energizer, but it will work fine for most stuff.

14. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

Preferably House keys, and not car keys :rolleyes:

15. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

Considering how much time you spend at home, having a good light in the house isn't a bad idea - if only for the wife when you're not around.

-Trevor

16. Doug S

Doug S Empty Pockets

That is why I chose the Fenix P1D Premium for my EDC light. It's powerful, and small enough that I can have it in my pocket at all times. Back it up with a Fenix EO1. Actually I use the EO1 for most of my in house needs, but have the P1D ready if I need something brighter, or if I'm outside. I'll admit that I had to learn the hard way...after having a couple of "sticky" situations in which I needed a bright light, and didn't have any on me or near me at the time.

On another note, I've been trying to get my wife and kids to carry a Fenix EO1 on them at all times. So far everytime I've asked my wife if she has her light on her, she goes scrambling to look for the light, and twice now she has found it in recently washed and dried clothing. I can say with some experience now that the EO1 is definitely watertight as well as heat resistant. :(

17. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

One on each keychain! Yeah!!

18. grimm_kaosboy

grimm_kaosboy Empty Pockets

If this is for home in case of a power outage even a maglite would work fine. Pick up a 2 or 3 cell, "D" or "C" sized. You should even be able to get a bonus aa mini mag blister from Home Depot, Wal-Mart or Sports Authority. In fact, my suggestion is to just go to Wal-Mart and pick up a Maglite and a LED lantern, match the Maglite cell size to the lantern cell size for redundancy in battery combatibility.

19. NInjaSMS

NInjaSMS Empty Pockets

I'm South of him in San Diego. Yes, we've been getting strong and windy storms. Tons of flash floods. And yes even small Tornados in SOUTHERN FREAKIN' CALI!!!

Global Warming anyone? Anyway, it just goes to show that you should always be prepared. I bought a bunch of hand crank flashlights for the house strategically placed in everyone's room.

20. Clead

Clead Loaded Pockets

Given how crippled human eyesight is in the dark, i'd have to agree with everyone here... Get a light to keep on your person NOW. I believe in redundancy for lights too. On my off-work belt I carry a Fenix P1D-CE and an Arc-AAAP. At work I have a TK10 and a steamlight nano. I always have the streamlight keymate on my keys, whether at work or not. It's a good excuse to go shopping for man toys :).