1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Rain Coat / Jacket Help

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Wishoot, Mar 24, 2017.

1. JOE68

JOE68 Loaded Pockets

Have you had a chance to test out your new jacket?
    I'm looking right now for a jacket as well and this seemed like and interesting option.
    Any input you can give me would be great.
    Thanks in advance

2. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

We had some pretty heavy rain two days ago so I've had a chance to give it a test run. I think we have a winner with the Duluth Trading jacket. It repelled both the wind and the rain with ease. It was quite windy, but the hood managed to stay on my head unless I was directly facing into the wind. Water beaded up and rolled right off.

It has plenty of pockets for storage, the hood can be tucked into the collar and the entire jacket can be rolled into one of it's own pockets for easy storage or transportation.

Rain is in the forecast here over the next few days, so it will get more use. The true test of it's capabilities will probably come later this spring and summer when I have trips to Maine, Washington and Northern Wisconsin planned.

So far, I think this jacket is worth the money.

LivingUpNorth and ballistic like this.
  3. JOE68

JOE68 Loaded Pockets

Good first impressions are a bonus.
    I'm looking for an outer shell that would be stand alone in summer and would work with fleece during colder times.
    I've had good luck with Duluth stuff in the past.
    Would you say that the jacket is "tradesman fit" or regular fit?
    I have found lately that companies which I have XL stuff from I now need in 2X in the shoulder area to get the same fit.

Wishoot likes this.
  4. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

Joe- I usually wear a size L and I'd say this jacket absolutely has ample room for a decent under-layer. My thick and heavy fleece coat easily fits under this rain jacket with room to spare.

5. JOE68

JOE68 Loaded Pockets

Perfect.
    Now to wait for a sale.
    CDN dollars don't go too far these days. LOL

Wishoot likes this.
  6. Vartz04

Vartz04 Loaded Pockets

It either ended yesterday or today but they had $20 off $100 and other discounts going up from there based on what you spend. Figures right after I bought $130 worth of pants

Wishoot likes this.
  7. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

Unfortunately, I'm going to be putting Duluth Trading's No :censored: Guarantee to the test with this jacket. After another significant downpour, the waterproofing seems to of vanished.

Works okay as a wind-breaker, but it's exceptionally poor at keeping the rain out. Over the past couple of weeks, we've seen a ton of rain. This coat soaks right through almost immediately.

Last edited by Wishoot, Aug 8, 2017
    #27 Wishoot, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017