1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Quick check on your thoughts between Olight, Fenix and Acebeam........

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by HELM, Sep 21, 2018.

1. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Hey guys,

I am working on a small side program that requires a light and I wanna ask as to what are your immediate thots are ref quality, build and tech between these 3 brands?

And before you recommend any other, allow me to just say that these 3 brands are the only ones named in the program so I can't veer off these. To be specific it requires a handheld and specs narrows it down to the Fenix TK09, Olight MX1 and the Acebeam EC35 (?).

Thanks in advance!

2. TankTop5

TankTop5 Loaded Pockets

Slightly off topic but I’ve carried the PD35 TAC for several years, I’ve used it camping multiple times and tactically in real life situations more than once. Camping is great and I generally turn it down to be polite. Tactically the other person did not know where I was. Both times the perp was looking toward and communicating with a point that was several feet away from where I was. Both times if the perp had attacked me they would have attacked an empty space where I was not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RED-FIVE and HELM like this.
  3. assassin10000

assassin10000 Loaded Pockets

Fenix and Olight are more well known/used and possibly higher quality IIRC. I'd say one of theirs over acebeam.

I don't recall who has better customer service though. I think fenix's was reported to be pretty good though.

Going by the looks of your choices I like the Fenix the best. It also has the longest throw, which means narrower beam which may or may not be what you need. It also has no memory and will always turn on, on high which also may be a downside. Otherwise I'd go with the Olight which has a memory function and the most flood/shortest throw of the 3.

Last edited by assassin10000, Sep 22, 2018
    #3 assassin10000, Sep 22, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    RED-FIVE and HELM like this.
  4. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

@TankTop5, thanks for sharing mate.

@assassin10000, appreciate the info. Unfortunately I am an ignorant SOB when it comes to lights other than Surefire!

RED-FIVE likes this.
  5. RED-FIVE
    • +3 Supporter

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Yep Fenix has the specs and also weapons mount kit options.
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Fenix+TK09&ref=is_s

The simplified UI could also be a positive... depending.

Also a Fenix PD35 and PD25 owner.... They have been very good so far. Previously a Surefire user.

Last edited by RED-FIVE, Sep 22, 2018
    #5 RED-FIVE, Sep 22, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    HELM likes this.
  6. steeps

steeps Loaded Pockets

Fenix

HELM likes this.
  7. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

I don’t have personal experience with Acebeam orthe specific lights you mention. But between Olight and Fenix, my preference is Fenix. I just like the feel and UI better in those I’ve tried.

HELM likes this.
  8. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback.

9. turbo6

turbo6 Loaded Pockets

I think Fenix has great build quality and customer support, so they get my vote.

However, all three seem to have quality offerings. The Baton series from Olight is pretty popular and Acebeam has quite a few powerful (albeit expensive at times) models as well.

When you are spending close to $100 on a light I typically view it as an investment and want years of use out of it so for me I've always been able to count on Fenix for consistency.

HELM likes this.
  10. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

I use the Fenix TK15 and LD41 frequently. Both are reliable. The TK09 is closest in specs to the TK15 and will be a reliable light with good run times and useful outputs.
    [​IMG]

RED-FIVE likes this.
  11. G39

G39 Loaded Pockets

Fenix are built good but Olight runs longer. Them run time and lumen charts don’t relate to real world use. In actual use the fenix lights eat up batteries a lot quicker. Since I rely on my lights to provide light I make my choice based on that. Olight runs longer in real world use. They get my vote over the other two.

12. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Not my experience really at all.

YMMV as they say.

13. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

I don't have any experience with any of the specific models that you have listed, but Fenix gets my vote for a dependable flashlight. I have owned a lot of Fenix lights over the years, and I don't think I have had a single one fail on me.