1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Questions I can't find a home for

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by darknyght00, Sep 2, 2019.

1. darknyght00

darknyght00 Loaded Pockets

Way back I used to run a much more comprehensive tool kit but recently I've been retooling my setup with a much more deliberate selection process (and using the Line 1, 2, etc plan). I'll post pics again eventually but at the moment I'm looking for a couple things that I'm not sure really fit anywhere.

First is an item I'm not convinced exists- I have a SPIE pouch from ITS Tactical that holds my lockpicks and a couple other odds and ends but I'm not satisfied looping it onto my belt or throwing it in my pocket. What would be cool would be a sort of Z shaped clip for it. One side would clip to either a belt, underwear, or sock and the other side would point upwards which the elastic bands of the pouch could loop around for easy retrieval. Does such a thing exist and where might I find it? (Almost like a pair of pocket danglers welded in a 69 position)

Second is kinda more vanity than function but I still wanna know cuz they look cool- where are people getting the chapstick and bic lighter wraps/cases? Some of the brass ones might be neat to throw on what are otherwise disposable items

2. neo71665

neo71665 Loaded Pockets

Something like
    https://www.amazon.com/Zak-Tools-Profile-Holder-Black/dp/B00JF69NI0 ?? As far as I know they are called security key belt clip.

There are a few places to get metal chapstick sleeves in all kinds of price ranges. Same with lighter sleeves.

Nice machined threaded version but way over what I'm willing to pay
    https://www.sunshineproductsusa.com/d-fancy-chapstick-cover-42.htm

IMHO overpriced copper for a few cents of bits you can buy at a local hardware store:
    https://urbanedcsupply.com/products/black-label-creation-lip-balm-sleeve-copper

Just google brass chapstick/bic sleeve and all kinds of stuff pops up

3. darknyght00

darknyght00 Loaded Pockets

The security key belt thing looks like nearly exactly what I'm looking for, thanks! (Probably just a matter of finding the exact model)

Also, holy $#@! Nevermind about the sleeves. Some neat things to drool over on that Urban EDC Supply place but nothing that screams "gotta have it" to me (thank god)

Since I'm sure there's other people on here like me that get just a little disappointed when they open a thread without pics, here's my most recent dye job. I get so frustrated that the Salt line from Spyderco only comes in yellow (some black for the large ones)

[​IMG]

4. neo71665

neo71665 Loaded Pockets

Yeah the sleeves are kinda nuts. I have a mill but since I like old school carmex in the little jars I never bothered making a sleeve. As I said if you can go copper instead of brass you can buy a cap and some tube at a hardware store and make a chapstick sleeve for a under $5. Have any buddies that are plumbers you can prolly grab the parts for free. IMHO for the prices they ask for sleeves the thing better make it jump out of my pocket and put it on by itself but some people are willing and more power to em, just not this cheapskate.

The dye job turned out pretty good. I haven't dyed any plastics in years. Since my paintball tourny playing days.