1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Question on maxped mini and micro

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by tsabatine, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Southpaw

Southpaw EDC Junkie!!!!!

I've owned the micro and it'll it all those you mentioned. Now go order!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. FACE
    • In Omnia Paratus

FACE EDC Junkie!!!

What CNeal said.

Get the EDC one. I think the mini will be too small, and although putting an EDC organizer in your pant pocket will be difficult, it does fit nicely in a cargo pant pocket.

I carry mine in the front compartment of my Jumbo.

[EDIT] here is the link:

EDC Pocket Organizer Pics, Part 1

Last edited by FACE, Feb 27, 2014
  3. ShadowE

ShadowE Loaded Pockets

4. tsabatine

tsabatine Loaded Pockets

You folks really know how to talk a guy into ordering all of them!

Lmao! Thanks for all the input, I do think I'm going to order one of each, as has been suggested I could sell/trade off if I don't need one of them, but they do look very handy, I'm sure I could find other uses for them as well!

Thanks again everyone!

5. z0mbiSl4y3r

z0mbiSl4y3r Loaded Pockets

I have the mini and I have that thing crammed slam full of random things (zip ties, SAK cadet, Gerber multitool, Ti Pry bar, 2 pens, notepad, a P52 can opener, a small stopwatch, bandaids and bandages, small portable torx driver with 5 diff sized bits... I have a bunch more stuff in there too.) I keep it in the glove box of my truck for "just in case".

vegassprky likes this.
  6. Jonb74

Jonb74 Loaded Pockets

I got the mini and micro in the mail yesterday. The micro seems like what I was wanting - room for a pen, small tablet of paper, pain reliever tube, small Bic, cleaning cloth for glasses/sunglasses. I guess I just don't have the need to jam it full of junk I will probably never use. My toolbox is in the garage so no need to carry a bunch with me. I have flashlights in the car(s), and in the house so probably don't need to carry those either. I carry a folder clipped to my pocket which is more convenient than zipped inside the organizer.

To each their own I guess. I think the Maxp mini will end up in my computer bag to holder various cables, USB chargers, etc.

7. Geary Mitchell
    • In Omnia Paratus

Geary Mitchell Loaded Pockets

I used a micro until I needed more room and graduated to a maxped fatty..

My wife now has the micro and loves it.

8. Al Effendi

Al Effendi Loaded Pockets

I disagree with the comment that Skinths are overpriced for what they are, and I am someone who does not have much disposable cash and who will not buy a product that is priced high just because of its status value (cough-like most of the Ti keychain tools out there-cough). The quality is exceptional, as is the design, and there are many models, many for specific tools and applications. Then there's the fact that if you have a problem, the guy who makes them posts on the same forums you do.

I own a Micro and an EDC. The micro, when not quite crammed full of stuff, just fits into a front or back pocket of my Carhartt work pants. I use it as a FAK for cuts and small wounds. The one thing I wish it had was an outside pockets which all other models do. The EDC is too big for any of my pockets. I use it to carry a buttload of small tools.

For the most important things, I use a Skinth JB that almost never leaves my belt. My phone usually rides in a Spartan.

9. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Mine has a pocket on the front just like my others?

10. abitofitall

abitofitall Loaded Pockets

I have the micro and mine is easily filled. That being said it has quite a bit in it, but if you want more flexibility I would say go for the mini.

11. Banger

Banger Loaded Pockets

I would go with the mini, I ordered both and have yet to use the micro because its just too small. I also have a Maxpedition M5 that I think you might like as well. Its considered a waistpack but if you are just looking for a storage pouch to carry with you, which is how I use it, then this might be the ticket too.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

12. tsabatine

tsabatine Loaded Pockets

The mini arrives first!

I CAN fit everything I wanted in it but it is tight so I'm glad the edc is still on the way.

On the other hand, this mini might be the perfect solution for the small personal care items (whisp tooth brush, small deodorant, sunscreen tube, eye drops, few other small things) that right now just sit lose in the back pack I carry frequently. I'm thinking that the mini might work well to replace the container for the pocket medic that's in that bag as well.

These things are so handy I'm glad I ordered the 3 of them. I may order a few more.

Banger, I've looked at that m5 and it is quite nice, but in afraid once I order that it won't be long before I'm ordering a new full size bag and then the whole process is going to start over! Dang gear addiction!!

13. JUGRNOT

JUGRNOT Loaded Pockets

14. JUGRNOT

JUGRNOT Loaded Pockets