1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Question for lefties about S-Type

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by revance, Oct 6, 2010.

1. revance

revance Empty Pockets

Have any of you tried both the regular Maxpedition Fatboy and the S-type version? Does it really make that big of a difference in comfort? I'm looking for my dad and he is a lefty.

Thanks!

2. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

I'm a lefty and I started with a regular Maxpedition Fatboy, then later bought the S-type. No difference in comfort, however, if your Dad will use it for concealed carry then he may want the S-type. Personally, I prefer to carry my weapon in a Fobus pancake holster on my belt.

Another point perhaps minor; perhaps not: the S-type I have does not have a cell phone holster like the regular Fatboy does. So, it's not a mirror image: all I can figure is that someone at Maxpud decided to save a nickle.

Naturally, the ideal thing would be for your Dad to be able to try out both ways of carrying and then make a decision. Don't know if that's an option for y'all or not.

3. freeride

freeride Loaded Pockets

I've had both types of Jumbo versipacks and I think they should be identical mirror images if they are of the same generation. Maybe you got an early model and a later model or something. No big deal, though.

I'm a righty who carries an S-type non (on the left side) because I carry on my right hip and won't be carrying off-body. If he plans to carry in the bag and is a lefty, definitely go with the s-type. You can always carry either on either side, as well.

4. jlagman

jlagman Loaded Pockets

More than anything, it affects the accessibility of the pockets and pouches. I wore my Fatboy on my off hand side on a few occasions, over the course of an entire day each time, and while it is cut and shaped a certain way, it didn't really affect the way it felt and carried.

5. jeroen94704

jeroen94704 Empty Pockets

They're talking about the Fatboy, not the Jumbo. Regular and S-Type Jumbo's are indeed mirror images, but while the regular Fatboy has a phone holster, the S-Type Fatboy does not. This may be a cost-saving measure from Maxpedition, but the upshot is that you can pick your own phone-holster. This is good if you own a smart-phone, which may not fit in the regular Fatboy's phone-holster.

6. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

Correct, guys, I was talking about the Fatboy version. Don't have a Jumbo S-type so can't comment there.