1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Question about Saddleback Credit Card Wallet

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by doug_the_donut, Oct 13, 2011.

1. doug_the_donut

doug_the_donut Loaded Pockets

So I own the Saddleback Medium bi-fold wallet, and while it's good, I can't seem to fit more than 2 cards on either side of the wallet. So I was looking at the Saddleback Credit Card Wallet:

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/categories/92-Wallets-Business-Credit-Card/products/1718-Leather-Wallet-Business-Credit-Card-Carbon-Black

Now a few questions:
    1. Would it be able to fit a decent amount of credit cards and business cards? I'm looking to house atleast 4 credit cards and about 8-9 business cards. Would they fit in the wallet or would it need time to 'open up'?
    2. Is the wallet too thick? A review on Amazon thinks so. I would be placing this in my front pocket along with a handkerchief, so I don't want my trousers to bulge unnecesarily.
    3. Finally, is it worth the trouble to get it? I don't live in the US so getting it here might be a bit of a challenge. (Saddleback's international shipping rates are a bit steep)

Thanks for reading!

2. xxForceTenxx

xxForceTenxx Loaded Pockets

I can't answer your questions as I am looking at one now too. I would think quality leather is going to be thicker than moderate ore cheap. Might be worth looking at barringer also. I had one for years that could hold about ten plastic cards

3. Municipal_Jedi

Municipal_Jedi Loaded Pockets

I don't have the credit card wallet but I do own the small wallet and it is well worth the investment IMHO. The leather is solid when you receive it but I had no trouble fitting my cards (getting them may be challenging at first). I would drop Saddleback an email and ask what their intended capacity is so there is no misunderstanding.

4. Jakpro

Jakpro Loaded Pockets

The leather will stretch on the credit card slots on the side. One of the ideas was to "build up" the number of cards in each slot. Start with two and then add one overnight and it is supposed to allow you to more comfortably carry three per slot and then add another one. This stretches the leather. From feedback that I have read, people are able to carry four cards per slot.

I don't keep that many credit cards, so I have not had to expand the slots. It is very thick and stiff leather that will soften in time. This is also the reason that these wallets last so long-the thick un-softened leather.

5. xxForceTenxx

For myself, it's not so much how many credit cards. Rather, how many "cards" I have such as DL, CC, insurance, etc.

Thanks for the info.

6. Tuirrenn

Tuirrenn Loaded Pockets

As others have mentioned the Saddleback leather wallets will stretch and you should be able to fit 3 or 4 cards per slot, I stretched mine out with a credit card shaped mint container and that seemed to work well.

7. Gripweed

Gripweed Loaded Pockets

I finally ordered something. I got the small wallet and the simple wallet. I have 6 cards I carry at all times and it didn't fit into the simple wallet all that well. Over time I'm sure it'd stretch out but I didn't like the set up enough to worry about it, so I'll use it as a business card case. Perfect for that.

The small wallet is really nice. Fits the cards nicely. Seems thick, but it's not noticeable in my pocket. I think as it breaks into my current cards, adding another card or two over time won't be a problem.

I was surprised just how nice the leather is. I wasn't sure what to expect, so I went with cheaper models and got two different colors to see what I liked best. I got the simple in tobacco, which I think looks great, and got the small in chestnut, which also looks great.

I like them so much, I really want to get a medium bifold now and really have it be "my wallet" that'll be with me for a long time. Only thing is, I don't think I want something that thick and I really don't use cash all that much. I don't think any of us will be carrying cash that often too far in the future anyways.

I'll probably hold out on the bifold until I can decide which color I like best and in hopes maybe another style comes out, that's a little more card heavy. I like the large bifold for card capacity, but that seems like overkill and if the bifold really holds 3 per slot, that's 18 cards right there. I don't think I'd ever hit that.

8. Saddleback Leather Company

Hey Fellas,

I would start with 2 cards in each slot and let the leather form around your cards. As time goes on, the leather will soften up and you will be able to fit more cards into each slot. If you carry the credit card wallet in your front pocket, I wouldn't worry about it bulging, you might get a small bump but nothing outrageous. Get in contact with our customer service guru's and they can help get you a lower shipping price.

9. xxForceTenxx

Thanks for the info!