1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

QC issues at Benchmade?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by crazysgt, Jun 25, 2013.

1. crazysgt

crazysgt Loaded Pockets

Purchased a new Benchmade 1000001blk semi auto Volli. After getting it here, I opened and upon checking it out found several blemishes with what seems to be grit under the black coating on the blade. These blems are hard blisters on both sides of the blade. Any others run into this? I have contacted Benchmade with no replies as of yet.

2. Syy

Syy Loaded Pockets

Don't have experience with this exact problem. I have to admit that I am not that big a fan of benchmade(every benchmade I own has a spyder hole in it). I just recently contacted them about a replacement clip for a vex and replacing a blade on a mini grip, and they responded to me in a day, and are sending out a new clip and screws for free. I really have no complaints with there service.

3. rsitter

rsitter EDC Junkie!!!!!

you dont get the rep benchmade has by having terrible qc. i bet they take care of it for you and im sure not many will have had this issue. maybe not around here, because lets face it, mostly this place is full of knife snobs...but benchmade is pretty much known as top of the line production knives. 99 times out of 100 you'd get a perfect specimen of knife making at its best. dont let one experience influence your opinion too much.

4. MWDP

MWDP Banned

They will take care of it. My experience with BM is that their factory grinds are awful, and their knives are not very sharp out of box. I did have one Mini Grip with a blem though...

[​IMG]

SAKplumber likes this.
  5. greymethod

greymethod Loaded Pockets

I ordered a Ritter Mini-Grip and it came partly sharpened and very off center. They sent me a pre-paid package and had it back, all fixed and stupid sharp within a week. :censored:? Sure. One of the best knives I've owned? Absolutely.

baja820 likes this.
  6. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

The nick on the right side of the hole? That's where the laser-cutter starts the cut.

warchild and P185Renegade like this.
  7. P185Renegade

P185Renegade Loaded Pockets

I have a decent collection of benchmades and haven't had any issues.

ATF likes this.
  8. neutrontech
    • In Omnia Paratus

neutrontech Loaded Pockets

My mini was insanely sharp when I bought it. I had three friends want to see it and all three of them cut themselves. I cut myself when I first bought it too. Absolutely the sharpest blade I've ever seen.

I've carried it every day for several months and it is a fantastic knife.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

SAKplumber likes this.
  9. ATF

ATF Loaded Pockets

I've never once had a dull Benchmade. Some have came so sharp that I wouldn't mind trying to shave my face with them.

10. crazysgt

crazysgt Loaded Pockets

Mine are always sharp, just some attention to detail is lacking....see blister in coating-----[​IMG]

11. Pete3

Pete3 Loaded Pockets

I am sure they will cover you f there is an issue with their product. as was said above, you don't come to be known as one of the best, if you aren't one of the best.
    from my experience they always reply to any inquiries in a timely enough manner, and they make a great knife. Not to say the occasional lemon with a small QC issue never pops out, but they always fix it. I dont think they have terrible QC, I think its a good company making good products who does their best, we are all human.
    I hope your next experience with them is better!

12. Slipjoint

Slipjoint Loaded Pockets

Benchmade's quality is occasionally inconsistent. I've seen quite a few less than perfect BM knives over the years, enough that I'm a little hesitant to buy one without handling it first.

I tend to gravitate toward Spyderco anyway, just because the Sypderhole is the best one-handed opener in the knife world. But the fact that I've never seen a bad Spyderco also gives me more confidence in purchasing one.

SAKplumber likes this.
  13. KOKUSHI MUSOU

KOKUSHI MUSOU Loaded Pockets

Mine is like that too. I'm pretty sure it's normal. Just a F&F issue. Mine came off center though. It also developed some play but that's probably because I waved it.

14. Bengo

Bengo Loaded Pockets

I had the same issue with a SOG Trident a couple years ago. There was a rather large blemish on the blade that was "hidden" by the tiger striping. I have since switched to Benchmade and been very satisfied in doing so.

15. Ibrahim Sarp Dogan

Ibrahim Sarp Dogan Loaded Pockets

bad for benchmade :(

16. Coupe_gxp

Coupe_gxp Uber Prepared

Haven't had a problem yet with the 8 benchmades I have bought. That being said my favorite knife to carry besides a balisong is a spyderco caly3.

17. crazysgt

crazysgt Loaded Pockets

This is my first benchmade knife. I have seen many on these forums, hear all their praises, its probably just my luck. It just sucks that the blade has so many of these blemishes. I did finally get a response from benchmade, knife is to be shipped back. Hate I have to be without it for a couple weeks though. Will reply later on repair(s) made.

18. Greenjeans

Greenjeans Loaded Pockets

These big knife companies are not perfect. I've had problems with BM and Spyderco knives out of box. Just send it back. Both company's are great!

Blerv likes this.
  19. crazysgt

crazysgt Loaded Pockets

Just received my Benchmade back from warranty repair center. All issues were addressed, even sent me a benchmade toolkit (folding torx bits/various others)for my troubles. Im very pleased.

20. Aimless

Aimless Loaded Pockets

Huh, have not seen that before, that is disappointing
    not surprised they took care of it