1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

PVC Leatherman Surge holster

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself & Gear Modifications' started by severdhed, Jul 27, 2020.

1. severdhed

severdhed Loaded Pockets

I've been looking for a belt sheath/holster for my Leatherman Surge because I'm just not happy with the ones I've tried. Most tend to be so bulky that they get caught on everything. I'm a big guy, vi don't need anything making me larger. I was getting ready to order one of those RAEGear metal holsters (which I may still do), but I'm cheap, so I figured I'd try to make my own first. I don't have any metal working experience or gear, so I went with someone I'm more experienced with... PVC.

I cut a 9 inch section of 1.5" PVC pipe and then cut it down the middle. Hit it with the heat gun for a while and then flattened it out. I then cut it a rough shape, heated it and bent it until it fit.i had to cut it some extra material and round of the corners with a Dremel. It took a little while and a few attempts until it fit just right. The belt clip was folded down so the unit is all one piece. Because the material is fairly thick, it can be slid into my belt without unfastening it, but It's very difficult to remove that way.

I sprayed on a coat of charcoal duplicolor vinyl dye, which bonds to the PVC quite well. Today is my first time using it, so we'll see how it goes.

It isn't pretty, but just like my flashlight and screwdriver holsters I made, it gets the job done. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Gogogordy and ran23 like this.
  2. Loadout

Loadout Loaded Pockets