1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Putty's 3rd EDC incarnation - minimal.

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by Putty, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Putty

Putty Loaded Pockets

Cut a lot down and condensed gone for a SAK manager great little EDC knife and grea selection of tools in a people friendly small package.

Few Keys and a Fenix E01 and I think its pretty cool now.

In the market for a Gerber Shard which I may or may not add. Also carry a SE phone which I will upgrade to a iPhone next year.

[img width=640 height=480]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r27/PuttyUK/KeyEDCupdate.jpg[/img]

This was the old version.

[img width=640 height=479]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r27/PuttyUK/NewKeys.jpg[/img]

2. tinyblob

tinyblob Loaded Pockets

I assume by the Lloyds fob that you're a fellow Brit. I like the colourful keyring SAK - won't bother everyone if you pop that out to open a box or something - been tempted to grab one myself to replace the Kershaw Twocan.

What made you dump the Gerber?

What do you do with your flash drive now? Or did you decide that you don't really need it?

What made you go for the E01 over the L0D? I have both and didn't think the E01 had enough power. Though the long lifespan appeals - so it's got a place in my BOB.

I have a very similar paracord fob on my keys currently :)

3. Putty

Putty Loaded Pockets

A Brit indeed my friend :D

I had a rethink as I used to carry a space pen in the side of my phone case, and am upgrading to an iphone next year and have a case for it already, so an alternate method of pen carry was on the cards, I dont like loose bits spoling about in my pockects, I like to carry a tooth pick, nail file (hate snaggy nails) screw driver and phillips and the SAK manager has all these incorporated, as well as scissors wire stripper magnetised tip, bottle opener in a neato package for £9 delivered from 7 day shop . com

I dumped the Gerber which is really good BTW as the SAK has a small blade, when on a stroll or at work i carry a Byrd slippet so knifey needs are met, but when not carrying the Byrd I have the small SAK blade.

I rarely use my flash drive I have a Lappy at home and a access to a shared PC at work, so I was carrying a nice bit of kit I rarely used, again this goes for the Paracord (which contained a firesteel) never used and dont think I prob ever would.

I do carry a man bag a small 20 lt Ruckie to and fro work, and when I go out and about say for a walk or when I go to a larger town.

I keep a few usefull bits and pieces within 2 items.

1. A Amaxp/Milspec tactical wallet thingy which holds flashdrive couple of pens, nail clippers, lighter, notepad, mini tool, matches, a Larger SAK voyager, small button light, Wenger, compass/ruler/thermo/magnifier/thingy.

2. A clearwallet containging basic meds, plasters, gloves, burnkit, Ibrofun, gaviscon.

Loose in a bag pocket I keep extra Pills, a bandana, 20ft Paracord, ligher, small cheap headlight and a bottle of water.

I basically decided i was carrying way too much stuff and decided to cut it down, I did not see the need to carry back ups as I was not too far from home, car or work, and could prob survive for a few hours it I did not have a handy item..

No disrespect to anyone on this forum but when I see what some guys carry it amazes me how they lift thier bags, all usefull stuff I am sure, but do you really need it all and use it ?

Ref the Fenix E01 again small and light and does the job, I have a few other brights a Cree rechargabel headlight I sue for fishing and camping which is in the car to hand should I need it, and I ts the only Fenix I have if I get a L0D one day I may switch it over.

I have a gerber artifact I put on my set up briefly but again duplication of tools, so deciced to remove it.

Cheers

Putty