1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Protective Case For New I Phone 6?????

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Motorman, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Gorram

Gorram Loaded Pockets

I use a Pelican Voyager to protect my 6+ perfect for my needs

2. 4rmless
    • In Omnia Paratus

4rmless Loaded Pockets

Try Rhinoshield. I dropped mine down a multi-storey car park ramp, it bounced for about 20' and was completely unscathed. It's really slimline too.

3. snaplok

snaplok Loaded Pockets

After searching for an alternative to Otterbox and Lifeproof, I found the Supcase Unicorn Beetle. Slim and sleek with a screen protector. :D Big plus, belt clip case doubles as a stand.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

recklesstryg likes this.
  4. Tom_J

Tom_J Loaded Pockets

I've always used Otterbox but am tempted by a new offering from Anker. I've always used their portable power packs which are great and saw they also do a tough protective case for the iPhone...might be worth heading over there to see what's what. Good value too....

5. rhosey

rhosey Loaded Pockets

I'd really like to have a titanium case, and this prototype from Veleno Designs looks amazing, complete with tritium inlaid buttons. Their website said pre-orders ended in October, but from what I can tell, it doesn't look like they have ever actually shipped any. Too bad. There was no price posted anywhere I could find.

Update: I got an email back from Veleno stating the case was no longer available.

The only other full titanium case I've came across is the $2,000 "Gresso Titanium Case T1". Looks very slick, but $2K for a phone case?!? Not me. Gresso has a nearly identical design on their site, made in aluminum, for $120. Sadly, it too is currently not available yet.

If anyone else knows of any similar cases like these - I'm in the market. I was a big fan of Element Case for a long time, but after spending tons of money with them over the years, I had a case break & their customer service was HORRIBLE... so they'll not see another penny from me. I pocket carry, and wear dress clothes for my job, so no otterbox, lifeproof,etc - needs to be something slim,sleek, and classy.

Veleno Designs Case
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gresso Case - features a top-opening hinge & magnetic closure
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by rhosey, Feb 18, 2015
    snaplok and recklesstryg like this.
  6. rhosey

rhosey Loaded Pockets

I'm currently pondering the cases over at EXOvault, specifically the EXO23 Silver aluminum & walnut. I like they are made in the USA (Brooklyn), and that they are hinged with a magnetic closure, but it concerns me that I really can't find any reviews on their iPhone 6 cases. I'd like to have a little objective feedback on them before I shell out $250 $212.50 on one. Still, they look cool & are low-profile. Does anyone have any experience with these?

Update: I talked myself into it & ordered this case, and it should be here early next week. If anyone is interested, I'll post a brief review once I get it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

snaplok and Kurt McMahon like this.
  7. akvHFS

akvHFS Loaded Pockets

For my wife's 5S, I researched for a long time and finally went with Lifeproof Nuud. Waterproof, shockproof, and the top right access button allows easy actuation, and the bottom center access to charging is easy to open, attaching and removing the oem male connector is a breeze, and it clicks securely shut. No screen cover, as the unit itself is already waterproof - so cleaning is simple. Very satisfied with this purchase.

8. Oalmon

Oalmon Loaded Pockets

i will say either otter box or lifeproof
    if you want to beat it to hades and back the otter box
    if you want something with water protection and minimal drop protection the life proof
    i've had em both just depends what you want
    the only thing I don't like about the new otter box cases they do not protect the camera