1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

propper tactical pants

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by rachet, May 9, 2009.

1. rachet

rachet Empty Pockets

2. Dane1957

Dane1957 Loaded Pockets

I think La police gear has the same pants only $10..00 a pair cheaper in close outs

3. cl0123

cl0123 Loaded Pockets

Any special climate requirement?

I have both only the 5.11 Tac-Lite and the LAP Operator 60/40 pants. Between the two cargo pants, the 5.11 (so is their convert Khaki) has better fit and finish, but the extra LAP Operator has better cargo pockets with extra slots inside them. With only a dozen or washes on those pants, I cannot tell which one is more durable. With the current discounts on a couple models of the LAP tactical pants, I think I may get a couple just to see and compare.

5.11 Tac-Lite
    • Better fit and finish and real metal hardwares.
    • Less tactical or more urban friendly in appearances.
    • Beefier fabrics.
    • Smaller cargo pockets (my Civil Defense friend said it's perfect for carrying his handheld HAM radio, without "drowning" in).
    • A sturdy useful strap on the right-rear side for attaching carabiners clips and what-not.

LAPG Operator
    • Less expensive and perhaps better value.
    • More tactical or military in styling.
    • Larger cargo pockets with compartment slots inside them. Great for storing small flashlights, leatherman, or any handy tools.
    • Cargo pockets also have a through-hole to let longer flashlights or tools to poke out while standing in the pockets.
    • Side pockets on the calves as well.
    • Flaps on the back pockets.

Personally, I prefer the friendlier look of the 5.11 over the LAPG. However, the slanted cargo pockets with the built-in organizer slots do offer more carrying utility for my uses. I would buy either one again especially if there were any discounts. In fact, probably on my next travel, I may just get a pair of the original 100% cotton canvas 5.11.

With Aloha,

Clarence