1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Prometheus Pen (darksucks)

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Coupe_gxp, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Myth90045

Myth90045 Loaded Pockets

Thanks 2% I guess I'm a follower and a TI lover. Just backed this pen also. We should start a TI club!!!

Sent from inside my bag

2. zeppo
    • In Omnia Paratus

zeppo Banned

Shipping was septmber, its now july?

3. Harry999

Harry999 Loaded Pockets

I have pledged for a Ti one. I wanted to try the MB refill out so I tried it in my Surefire 1 pen. It is really nice. I like it a lot. Can't wait for Jason to get these pens out!

4. PointSpecial

PointSpecial Loaded Pockets

I pledged for an aluminum one.

I've been carrying a Stainless Steel Sharpie Pen for the last year or so and I like it a lot (I like the way that Sharpie pens write in general). Unfortunately, it's not very well made... there are plastic tips on the top and bottom of the pen and I've actually dropped one and cracked the plastic... basically making the pen uncarryable.

I bought an Embassy Pen right before Christmas, thinking that it was simply going to be a better construction...

And part of the pen is better. But I really don't like the fact that the cap just sits there. I've gotta hold onto it and that actually takes away from things for me... especially because I have giant hands and without the pen posting on the back, it's just too small. I like some clicky pens... like the Sharpie Grip clickies, but these are really big pens too.

I also abhor the Fisher Space Pen refill. Maybe I just got a bad one... but it's been gloppy and not very nice to write with. I don't have to write in space or underwater, or on surfaces other than Clairfontaine paper (I carry a Rhodia Unlimited notebook), so I was really looking for a pen with a god cartridge.

I've never used a MB, but he described the cartridge as like a Sharpie... so I think that it likely will work quite well for me.

5. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

I am also new to the montbalnc cartridge, but I'm looking forward to trying it out.

I'm Moobile, Baby!!!

6. Merrib64

Merrib64 Loaded Pockets

Definitely not on my want list.

7. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

Everyone has certain tastes when it comes to gear. It's good that you know what you want and what you don't. For me, titanium just sings my name. That, and personally I like the design.

I'm Moobile, Baby!!!

8. Rawls

Rawls Loaded Pockets

I have two prototypes for review, the electro plated Al and the tumbled Ti. Both are insanely awesome. Can't tell you how many people asked about the pens when I was using them last week.

Myth90045, grunch, Matt130 and 2 others like this.
  9. Coupe_gxp

Coupe_gxp Uber Prepared

Yeah I am new to the mb cartridge also had a Investigator that I lost lol and my current boker which has a much better pocket clip so should work alot better.

10. mattp

mattp Loaded Pockets

I'd love to see a polished Ti version, like the polished Ti Tuff Writer. I'm in two minds whether to order a second Ti one to polish myself, or get the plated Al one for the look that it offers despite my preference for non-plated.
    I'd also like to see an option for ordering multiple pens at some level of discount, like what was offered with the Render K pens.
    Just my 2 cents worth!

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 2

cowsmilk likes this.
  11. PointSpecial

Great, I can't wait to see your review. I'm getting one anyway... but you're pretty thorough and I like a different perspective!

12. Matt130
    • In Omnia Paratus

Matt130 Loaded Pockets

It still looks like July to me. The only September option is the $500 dollar custom patron package.

13. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

Not sure about the MB cartridge on this one. I've heard mixed reviews. I like a good pen but I wouldn't say I'm a pen person (I know - gasp). I backed the CRL Kickstarter pen project to add to my CC Embassy Pen, Stainless Sharpie, and F-701's. That's probably enough for now.

14. Beergeek

Beergeek Loaded Pockets

I kicked in for a Ti. Looking forward to trying out the MB carts and supporting my local machinist.

15. zeppo
    • In Omnia Paratus

zeppo Banned

Well then I was really rong, I read september but july is always better of course.

16. Matt130
    • In Omnia Paratus

Matt130 Loaded Pockets

Too bad it wasn't April... :)

17. Minibear453
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Minibear453 Loaded Pockets

OMG! This guy lives like 15 minutes away from me! Maybe even less, depending on which part of the city he's in. I really need a deeper wallet.

Myth90045 likes this.
  18. sheriferson

sheriferson Loaded Pockets

I also went for a Ti. I'm slightly apprehensive about the weight, but I think it'll be alright in the end, and I like the look of it a lot more than the electroplated aluminum (and although I recognize this is blasphemous on this forum, I'm not a big fan of patinas :eek:).

I wanted to ask here because I thought it was relevant, and I couldn't find a satisfactory answer anywhere else:
    Does anyone know of alternatives to the Montblanc fineliner/rollerballs that fit into this pen? I read somewhere that Waterman ones fit in there, but I have not been able to confirm.

And can anyone who has used the fine rollerball Montblanc let me know how fine it actually is? Say, compared to the Pilot G-2 0.5 or something similar? That, or any feedback about those refills would be, by me, appreciated :).

19. PointSpecial

Myth90045 likes this.
  20. Myth90045

Myth90045 Loaded Pockets