1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Prometheus Pen (darksucks)

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Coupe_gxp, Mar 9, 2013.

1. hiljentaa

hiljentaa Loaded Pockets

Not into the look or function at all (screw on caps are an annoyance), but I am sure it will be incredibly well made. Cool that it's built for the Mont Blanc refill.

2. KeyeEl

KeyeEl EDC Junkie!!!!!

My thoughts exactly. No more caps for me. Jason makes quality though

3. Matt130
    • In Omnia Paratus

Matt130 Loaded Pockets

I like the 3 piece design, especially in a fine writing instrument, it's just classic. If I need a good work pen, then I prefer a clicky.

4. wildborego

wildborego EDC Junkie!!!!!

5. Empire

Empire Banned

Can I be next? :D

6. zeppo
    • In Omnia Paratus

zeppo Banned

You try to bogart (fall back, I go hard)

7. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

I like that it takes Montblanc refills. :D Those are freaken awesome.

But the form factor is not my cup of tea. :) I'd rather get a Pilot VP for that monies, or even spend $100.00 more to get my VP Raden. But that's just me. Cool pen, though! :D

8. Empire

Empire Banned

MOOOOOOO-SHISHO

mooshisho likes this.
  9. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

Actually... the more I look at it, the more I do like the form factor. haha :p

10. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I find that with a lot of things. Don't like them at first glance, but they grow on me over time. Is it conformity? Familiarity? It would make an interesting topic.

mooshisho likes this.
  11. Coupe_gxp

Coupe_gxp Uber Prepared

After getting to use my light for a couple of days I can't wait for the pen because if its half as good as the light it was a really good investment.

mooshisho and KAMM like this.
  12. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

They make great stuff. :) I await your review! I'm just excited that it's a Montblanc refill rather than the typical Parker or Pilot G2 or Fisher. :p

13. O.J.

O.J. Loaded Pockets

Who am I kidding? Just pledged for a Ti. Still not sold on the looks but if the quality is anything like his lights are supposed to be..

mooshi likes this.
  14. kd7dvd
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd EDC Junkie!!!!!

:rofl:

kertap75, Kripto and vegassprky like this.
  15. Kripto

Kripto Evil Sid

I'm signed up for this pen, but mostly because I know Jason and like his stuff. That being said, I don't really believe the hype about the MB refills (he believes that they are the best in the whole world!!!) :) I've found Schmidt refills and Monteverde refills equally as good, 1/3rd the price and they make them for the MB pens..

The other "reasoning" Jason believes in is the Montblanc "name" lol .... For any pen person, this is a complete joke.. Montblanc has gone down hill since they were technically owned by a South African family (Ruperts) that is part of the Reichemont Group. From what I recall, they were originally bought back in 1977 by Dunhill. :)

Most of the Montblanc collectors I know (and I know a LOT) don't care for the newer pens (pre1977 are preferred) unless they are the skeletonized or writers editions. (Fountain Pens) which bring a price of $350 to $1,000,000.00 :) (Yes, they have a diamond encrusted fountain pen in the 149 series)

I got to feel Jason's pen (get your minds out of the gutter) last time I was at his shop.. It's REALLY nice (which is ultimately why I did the Ti level kickstarter), so if you are on the fence, and only there because of the refill, know that you can get cheaper refills for the pen. :)

16. Quixotica

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

I get confused about his opinion on why he doesn't make them compatible for anything other than the Monte Blanc style cartridge. I'm not sure how it compromises the rest of the pen to allow it to fit more styles of cartridge than what he thinks is the bee's knees. I'm not going to get one regardless, because I dislike screwcaps and a few other reasons, but his analogy of comparing a pen fitting multiple refills to a SAK that has a lot of "okay for a bunch of different jobs" tools instead of great individual dedicated tools doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Maybe it's my limited knowledge of the fitting of pen refills and the machining process behind it. I dunno. :)

low_down and Ogre like this.
  17. Kripto

Kripto Evil Sid

The Montblanc refills are threaded.. There is no spring in there.. So you have to stick with that refill for that pen.. (*unless you want to add a spring and a long enough spacer and possibly make a ring to stop the pen from going too far...*)

18. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

I quite like MB refills.

... Or maybe 'cause I had a set of NOS ones... :unsure:

19. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

Well I guess if one is really interested one can go out and buy the refill to try and see if they like it.

20. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

I signed up for a pen as well, cause its titanium. Duh!:p

I'm Moobile, Baby!!!