1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Prometheus Pen (darksucks)

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Coupe_gxp, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Coupe_gxp

Coupe_gxp Uber Prepared

bryden76, Take2 and mooshisho like this.
  2. littlequick
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

littlequick EDC junkie

I would pledge for a Ti only because it looks better than nickel plated.
    Just saying.

3. low_down

low_down Loaded Pockets

Looks good but im a fan of clicky pens, and I use one all day and screw on caps become a serious annoyance.

Soulriot likes this.
  4. zeppo
    • In Omnia Paratus

zeppo Banned

I was on the late side but I pledged on a Titanium, it went FAST!

5. O.J.

O.J. Loaded Pockets

Really nice but the design is not for me.

dyril likes this.
  6. mattp

mattp Loaded Pockets

Looks pretty awesome, just pledged for a Ti one. Nice to see a quality machined pen that's not overly tactical / weapon-like.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 2

7. Coupe_gxp

Coupe_gxp Uber Prepared

I am sure he really appreciates it.

8. Lemonbrah
    • In Omnia Paratus

Lemonbrah Loaded Pockets

I pledged for a nickel plated aluminum one. I own one of Jason's lights and it's my favourite. I'm expecting the pen to be equally well made as well. Jason's a really nice guy and wonderful to deal with. This is definitely a maker that deserves your support.

EDIT: Switched to a titanium one, because why not?

Last edited by Lemonbrah, Mar 10, 2013
    mooshisho likes this.
  9. Coupe_gxp

Coupe_gxp Uber Prepared

That is simply amazing that less than a day he met his goal.

zeppo and mooshisho like this.
  10. Matt130
    • In Omnia Paratus

Matt130 Loaded Pockets

I wish I hadn't seen this thread. I just ordered a titanium pen. The design looks awesome and I like that the cap screws on the back. Those Montblanc ink refills are expensive :unsure:

mooshisho likes this.
  11. Empire

Empire Banned

Got an email from him at 1AM.
    Like the design but I will never spend $200 on a pen, you know how many bics I could buy with that? 200-300!

barlas likes this.
  12. Coupe_gxp

Coupe_gxp Uber Prepared

Its all a matter of opinion but its kinda like saying you know how many disposable razors I could get instead of that sebenza? We all have our opinions and ideals of what we are willing to pay for something though.

barlas and mooshi like this.
  13. Empire

Empire Banned

IMHO a pen isn't something I'd spend over $20 on.
    Anything else, and I pay big money.

Heck, I've bought 2 sebenzas.

Matt130 likes this.
  14. Kripto

Kripto Evil Sid

While that's entirely accurate, you can get a lot of bics for the price of a $200 pen, I would suggest you think about it differently. :)

Disposable pens take up a lot of space in landfill, they don't degrade. I've seen 40s era pens show up in overturned landfill sites as well as when we recently had our street torn up, there was a bit of old trash under the pavement..

You lose a LOT of pens over a lifetime, most often the disposable pens because well, they're disposable! I've never lost an expensive pen!

Many of my fountain pens cost well over $1000 (some were less when bought and gained value), so it's all in how you appreciate your tools. (Yes, pens are tools as are hammers and planes. I've seen old woodworker planes sell for nearly $1000 that were 100 years old)

The pens that you see like this are pretty much instant collectors items, and I bet they will gain value.. Heck, the Fellhoelter Ti pen was the same price and someone recently offered me 3x the price because they didn't want to wait. (I didn't sell :) )

So, while you might not spend $200 on a pen, but maybe you would on a knife? How might that be different? You can certainly find and carry a cheap disposable knife, but most would prefer to carry something a little better.

Just my thoughts.

r-ice, mooshi and Matt130 like this.
  15. Matt130
    • In Omnia Paratus

Matt130 Loaded Pockets

I understand not wanting to spend that much money on a pen. But clearly you like finely made things, otherwise you probably wouldn't have 2 Sebenzas. For me I would rather have one awesome pen, than 500 Bic pens. Why buy a Sebenza when a 5 dollar flea market knife will work. I mean how many 5 dollar, made in China knives can you buy instead of a 350 dollar Sebenza?

It all comes down to what you like. I just like things that are high quality and I am willing to pay for them. I have a Strider and just ordered a Dalibor custom (so I know about expensive knives), but I also like pens...I also just ordered a pen from Darksucks. The all titanium one can be bought for between $100-120. The aluminum one is 65 bucks.

To each his own. I also find I lose cheap pens all the time, but I have never lost one of my nicer pens. You could go through or loose 200 Bic pens and I would still have my nice pen. It is something that will last a lifetime unless lost or stolen. I can get behind something like that.

Last edited by Matt130, Mar 10, 2013
    mooshisho likes this.
  16. Bravo_Kilo
    • In Omnia Paratus

Bravo_Kilo Loaded Pockets

I got in early on a Ti one. Stoked. Those Monte Blanc refills are really slick.

17. Matt130
    • In Omnia Paratus

Matt130 Loaded Pockets

Ugh, I missed out on the early Ti, but got in on the second batch. Oh, well whats another 20 bucks :cry:

18. Empire

Empire Banned

If I recall, the Ti is actually $200 retail.

And, I DO like quality things, but from a pen, I can get a great quality pen that will last almost as long as Jason's for $30-$60.
    I would instantly buy one if I had a need for a decked out $200 pen, but, I don't.

19. Matt130
    • In Omnia Paratus

Matt130 Loaded Pockets

200 Retail.. But I just ordered one for $120. The same pen in Aluminun is $65 (Actually 75 now).

They are cheaper for the Kickstarter backers. I would have some serious thinking to do if it was $200 dollars. But I can handle $120.

20. Empire

Empire Banned

Yeah, and there's no chance since amazon decided to block my account because it was suspicious or something.
    Still trying to resolve that...