1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Prometheus Alpha or Fellhoelter TiBolt or Ian Schon Pen

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Nags, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Nags

Nags Loaded Pockets

Yep thanks, got the Deluxe TiBolt for $152 to my front door straight from Fellhoelter himself. Ordered it Wednesday evening and received it Saturday morning. I was hoping to score a plain jane model but I like the extra decoration, and it's the only type he had in stock, it was only $7 more.

2. Nags

Nags Loaded Pockets

Well I sold the TiBolt so that I could try out some other pens. I'm leaning towards the Alpha but have added the Maxmadco bolt action to the list. Loved the bolt action on the TiBolt! The Alpha is calling pretty hard as I have a flashlight by Jason that would pair up well with it. Either choice would be the AL version as I think I'd prefer the lighter weight.
    Decisions, decisions...

3. trojansteel

trojansteel Loaded Pockets

That Ian Schon does not look comfortable to write with... there's such a dramatic step between the barrel and the grip portion of the pen..

The alpha is cool in concept... I just wish he would redesign the aesthetics... I can't get into it.

Maxmadco is great... I'd go with the stainless for superior wear characteristics unless you must have AL for weight.

4. Nags

Nags Loaded Pockets

I know right, that ian schon does not look all that comfortable, however I have seen people on the forum say that they really love it so it might be worth a shot to try out. It's more of a small bullet pen type concept

What is it about the alpha aesthetically that you can't really get into?

I actually do prefer the smaller diameter of the Maxmadco but I'm a little less keen on the aesthetics of it than the Alpha. Mostly because the Maxmadco looks more like your typical pen you see everywhere.

5. Nags

Nags Loaded Pockets

I ordered a Prometheus Alpha EN finish and have both a MB Fineliner (Med) and a Rollerball (Fine) on the way as well. Can't wait to try it out!

Stonerman33 likes this.
  6. vernSL

vernSL Empty Pockets

Ugh I still can't decide what to get. I really like the size and style of the Prometheus pen, but I really prefer a pen which can work in wet conditions. If the Prometheus pen could take a Fisher Space cartridge, I'd be golden. So I've been trying to decide between the Prometheus pen and the TiBolt and I can't make a decision. I like the style of the Prometheus much more, and the TiBolt looks a bit on the big side. Decisions, decision.

7. KeyeEl

KeyeEl EDC Junkie!!!!!

@vernSL I just bought a Matthew Martin click pen that takes Fisher refills. It is a bit of a smaller pen and the click mechanism seems nice/smooth. Might be worth a look?

8. Nags

Nags Loaded Pockets

I like the Prometheus Alpha better than the TiBolt, it's just more comfortable to write with for me. Maybe it's due to weight I don't know. The Tibolt is really fun though so I see another bolt action pen in my future.

Last edited by Nags, Jul 15, 2014
  9. Nags

Nags Loaded Pockets

I pledged for the Tactile Turn Shaker pen project that was just funded. They should be here sometime this fall. I pledged for a Titanium and a Dark Red Aluminum version. Also here are some pictures of my Prometheus Alpha pen along with a matching Beta-QR flashlight and my BowerBladeWorks Mini Southard. I really love the Alpha, it's going to be a keeper.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Eskerbillion and MKLight like this.