1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Professional EDC

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by Trickster, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Hjort

Hjort Loaded Pockets

So you work in a decompession chamber?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

2. Dmonfire

Dmonfire Loaded Pockets

Technically a re-compression chamber but yeah. We treat patients with the bends and carbon monoxide poisoning and such. I used to be the medic inside the chamber with the patients in case of complications but now I mostly oversee the treatment as a whole.

alessandro.salvi and Hjort like this.
  3. Sabbel

Sabbel Empty Pockets

I believe it is time for an update here, since my employer and my field of work has changed quite a lot.

I am still working as an airline captain but I have changed to a company that flies solely regional flights within Central Europe. I have almost zero overnights, thus no checked luggage.

On top of that, I felt the need to change certain things in my professional EDC.

Usually at work I carry the following items on my person:

• Wallet (recycled firefighter, containing my finances, my federal ID, my drivers license and my health insurance card)
    • Watch
    • Wedding Band
    • Necklace with whistle and USB flash drive (prepped with Knoppix)
    • Bellroy Cover for field notes, with a Lamy pen and a field notes
    • A Fisher Spacepen
    • A Surefire Aviator (2017 Modell, with amber as Second Color)
    • Leatherman Tread
    • 5.11 Trainer Belt
    On top of that I have bought shirts and pants that are visually indistinguishable from the clothing I get from my employer, but are fire retardant. Since shoes are my business to purchase anyways, I took the liberty of buying a pair of shoes made for police officers, meaning they look like dress shoes, but in reality are pretty much combat boots.

In my flight kit I carry:

• Papers (passports, license, medical, insurance stuff, my company ID(if not clipped to my shirt pocket))
    • Flight Log Book
    • iPad mini (personal)
    • iPad Air 2 (company)
    • Apple Magic Keyboard
    • Surefire P1R Peacekeeper plus Maxpedition Holster
    • Fenix LD12
    • Batteries, AA, cr123a, 18650 (rechargeable and disposable)
    • Change of clothes
    • Emergency Poncho and Bivvy
    • Dräger PBE (escape hood against general airborne poisons and specific threats related to fire)
    • Technon Breath of Life PBE
    • Uvex Silvair Mask FFP3
    • FAK, including specials to protect myself in case of a pandemic
    • Sunglasses, from Revision Military, including a clear and a teinted spare lens
    • Pens
    • A Field Notes Expedition, prepared in case of any issue where someone wats to nail me down for something (specifically any incident that hopefully never happens)
    • A couple of Field Notes for general notetaking
    • An empty Nalgene bottle, 1L with wideneck, also containing a sawyer mini and some microbur forte)
    • Hi visibility vest for walking around outside on the ramp
    I am pretty sure i did forget something, but nothing essential. If there are any special questions, go ahead :)

4. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

I'm currently working my summer job of being a pool lifeguard. So my pocket edc is generally limited to my phone and keys. Everything else goes in my 5.11 Rush 24. In addition to my normal edc stuff, I typically have two towels, spare clothes, 2 small first aid kits, and my lunch.

5. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

I've not updated on this thread since I changed jobs.
    I no longer work in a medium secure psychiatric hospital, but as a Psychiatric Liaison Nurse. I do mental health assessments in the general hospital and emergency department. I don't dispense medication any more, and don't carry keys other than my 'magic' access card.

-Maxpedition keyper *black*
    -Civilian Labs gear retractor with my id/access card
    -wallet (slim leather one with rfid blocking and money clip)
    -phone (Samsung s6 in leather case)
    -Flashlight - 4Sevens Mini mk2 in pocket and a Thrunite Ti3 on my retractor)
    - A4 size faux leather zippered document case. Still in the dark ages working for the nhs. All paperwork is written manually and then scanned as pdfs due to time constraints
    I have a Rush 12 bag in the office with all the rest of my stuff. Haven't needed to carry anything else in work that isn't available only bag.

ran23 likes this.
  6. JPHing

JPHing Loaded Pockets

I'm an IT tech and carry

Leatherman skeletool/wave 2 with bit set
    lm Piranha pry tool
    Various PE knife
    Small serrated knife
    Flashlight
    On key chain : Torx screwdriver, ceramic sharpener, SAK Rambler

#186 JPHing, Jul 14, 2018 at 4:24 PM
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2018 at 1:09 AM
    Moshe ben David likes this.
  7. eugenechia1989

eugenechia1989 Loaded Pockets

Animal rescuer.

* Earpiece, at the moment, A-Jays One+, for answering calls while driving (I operate alone).

* Folding knife, usually my Cold Steel Code 4 spear-point in CTS-XHP, though I may carry my Ka-Bar BK11 fixed-blade from time to time.

* Gloves. Mechanix M-Pact, still fresh and unused as I carry it as backup. They aren't dedicated animal-handling gloves, which I already have in my van.

* Headlamp. I only own one headlamp, despite using it very heavily. Mine's an Imalent HR20. At the time, I couldn't find another headlamp with comparable beam distance.

* Medical gloves. I don't want to pass anything nasty from one animal to another. I have gloves in my van but I carry an additional two pairs in my EDC in case I need to rescue an animal off-duty (happened a few times; snake in a house very near to mine so I agreed to attend; one of my own neighbourhood cats stuck on a ledge).

* Multi-tool. Used to be an SAK, but after I began working on enclosures, it became a Leatherman Surge. I also carry the attachable file and bit kit.

* Pen, just a plain ball-point for filling in forms. Animal welfare groups aren't the most technologically-equipped.

* Permanent marker, for me a standard Sharpie marker, for labelling purposes.

* Torchlight. Currently, my Klarus XT2C. I tend to use my headlamp more, but I like to have a solid torchlight as back-up. Outside of work, the XT2C also serves as a means of non-lethal self-defense. But I don't say that. The politically correct way to defend yourself is to call the police and wait while you're being hacked to pieces...

ProjeKtWEREWOLF likes this.
  8. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

I'm a journalist, my EDC is well documented here.

But, when I am in certain government buildings (Parliament, Buckingham Palace or Courts), I carry the following:

*Notebook,
    *Lamy Safari,
    *2x Phones,
    *Bluetooth Keyboard,
    *Press ID in holder with lanyard and one debt card

Nothing else because of all the security, I like to be in and out as quick as possible. Everything looks like what it is on the X-Ray machines and doesn't cause any problems.