1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Professional Edc Backpack

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by austindavis1989, Sep 27, 2011.

1. austindavis1989

austindavis1989 Loaded Pockets

So I'm going to be in the market for an edc backpack soon that would also fit in with a professional enviroment, ie I could wear this with a full suit or dress shirt and tie and it wouldn't look out of place.Right now I'm using a maxpedition pygmy falcon, which is a wonderful pack, but it doesn't cut the bill for professional appearance, in my opinion. Up until recently I was using the pacsafe 350 for this purpose, as it provided a professional look. I've stopped carrying this back, as my little brother hijacked this pack for school, and secondly I honestly hated the way it carried. It was kind of uncomfortable, and a little too small. I'm looking for an edc pack that is a little bigger than maybe the maxpedition sitka. Another nice feature is that I would love for this bag to be able to double as an around town bag; meaning big enough for work edc (ipad + one or two books+ files/folders and a notebook or two and a small amount of edc gear) but not so large that it look ridiculous if I take out with me when I go into town on weekends or something.

Here are my requirements for the pack:
    Roughly the size of a maxpedition sitka
    Two should straps
    Water bottle holder
    Waterfproofing would be nice
    Professional looking

2. TIREdMAN

TIREdMAN Loaded Pockets

the chrome messenger bags would probably fit the bill. they are nice looking (not tactical) well built and, depending on the size you get, should fit just about anything you can throw in it.

3. gadgetjack

gadgetjack Loaded Pockets

I have the same problem, I need a professional looking backpack. I am looking at the 5.11 COVRT 18 pack. It looks good and has decent organization. I will also check out REI and Bass Pro because that is were the rest of the office shops. North Face Bags seem popular around the water cooler.

4. julioroman

julioroman Loaded Pockets

Patagonia, North Face, Under Armour makes some neat bags, Adidas makes some GIAMONGOUS bags but still not bad, Jansport have some more professional looking bags (the agave and odyssey and a few others), Mountain Hardwear makes a few as well (Agama, fluid and a few more)

5. nyckmc

nyckmc Loaded Pockets

Some of the Tumi offerings while expensive completely fit the bill.
    and they last forever

I have an arcteryx blade 30 that is too big for most peoples needs more of an overnight bag-
    they also make it in a 16 and 24 liter model- very high quality and very polished.

6. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

Tom Bihn Synapse maybe? It has a lot of zippers, but if you get a black one, they don't stand out much. Otherwise it's a clean looking bag, there's no webbing, bungee cords or mesh.

7. Zerv14

Zerv14 Loaded Pockets

8. andiem

andiem Loaded Pockets

I would propose a messenger bag, too... Nonetheless, I work similar environment and I ended with Camelbak Urban Assault as my work backpack.

---

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

9. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

I'm sure this is a shock to nobody but I would recommend the 5.11 COVRT 18 in Black or Deep Moss. Professional enough looking without losing the EDC goodies we all covet. I EDC it or Maxpedition's Mongo Versipack as my office EDC depending on my carry needs.

10. b0wz3r

b0wz3r Empty Pockets

I'd say a 5.11 Covert would be a good choice too.

Also check out the messenger and laptop bags made by Timbuk2. They are very well designed, have lots of internal pockets for storage, an excellent selection of accessories, are waterproof, and have a custom design feature on their website, so you can build one to order. They also have incredible customer service, the best of ANY COMPANY I've ever dealt with. (For the record, I am not affiliated with them in any way.)

About 6 years ago, I ordered a messenger style laptop bag from them, but received the wrong color. I emailed them to request an RMA for an exchange; they told me to simply keep the wrong one they had sent me, and I had the exact model and color I had actually ordered two days later. (I still use that bag for my laptop to this day... it is on its third laptop now... it has already outlived two computers!)

About two years ago, I ordered a small messenger bag from them for EDC and cycling. When it arrived, it was missing a single strip of velcro... Again, I emailed them a pic to verify the situation, and requested an RMA. They told me again, to keep the one they sent, and once again, in two days, I had another new bag that was perfect. As I said, best CS of any company I've ever dealt with, in any industry or business.

11. rabidchicken

rabidchicken Loaded Pockets

I am thinking about a custom timbuk2 but having a hard to.e with the $140 price tag. Just a little more and I could have a saddleback.

12. JIM

JIM Loaded Pockets

5.11 covrt 18 is a great choice!

13. Moonduck

Moonduck Loaded Pockets

This. I picked up a COVRT ZAP because I was just dead impressed with the line, and it is a fantastic little bag. The 18 is a great piece that does exactly what you are talking about and looks utterly normal.

14. b0wz3r

b0wz3r Empty Pockets

It's well worth it. I've had my TB2 laptop bag for 7 years now, and it's still going strong. In that time it has seen literally tens of thousands of miles of commuting time via both train and bicycle. I used to commute 550 mi. per week via Amtrak, and another 40 mi. per week on my bicycle. My TB2 bag was my only laptop bag through the entire four years I had that commute. You'd never know it to look at it. Literally the toughest bag of any type I've ever had.

15. acropolis5

acropolis5 Loaded Pockets

I use a North Face Surge backpack in a professional environment . In order to lower it's profile to a minimum, I blacked out all the white name lettering and the small reflective panels with a black waterproof marker. Campmor has the best price. Usual disclaimer.

16. J4C3

J4C3 Guest

+1 for 5.11 flawless

17. rat-7

rat-7 Loaded Pockets

I just picked a Maxpedition Gleneagle and started setting up inserts with industrial self adhesive velcro strips to stick it to the insides how I want it. Works great, sits really well against my body. Im the head of safety for a large company so spend equal time between the field and in the boardroom with future clients and its never raised eyebrows on either situation.

18. grayman

grayman Loaded Pockets

Take a look at Booq Bags. I use their backpack for business travel, but I usually carry a RedOxx CPA Briefcase fitted with a Saddleback Leather shoulder strap from their Thin Briefcase.