1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Production leather wave sheath that fits aa battery too?

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Gilgamesh, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Loaded Pockets

Wondered if anyone knew of a production leather sheath that fits a leathermen wave and a AA- 14500 battery? I got the nylon with the side straps now. As it gets worn I'm looking for an upgrade. Thanks!

2. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

I can think of an old nylon one made by Leatherman that might work, but nothing in leather unless you get something made.

3. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

4. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Loaded Pockets

Ah that looks like it would work. I could prob figure it out. Have to break out the old boy scout skills, lol. Thanks mate!

5. KeyeEl

KeyeEl EDC Junkie!!!!!

My wave came with a leather sheath with side straps that can hold smaller items. There are replacement sheaths listed on leatherman's website

6. mrlysle

mrlysle Loaded Pockets

FWIW, I really love the side pockets on my Leatherman sheath. As you can see here, I have something tucked in both sides. With some small modification, I'm sure these would work well for AA size cells. Just a thought.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Apologize for those really crappy pics! :banghead: Taken with my cell, and it don't do good indoors! lol

7. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Loaded Pockets

I've wondered about the half leather / half vinyl. I got the full vinyl now and after a few years it's tearing in a few spots. Wondering if I could just go with full leather. Get rid of those wear points that are prone to fray. ie belt point and side elastic straps.

8. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Loaded Pockets

Well I got the one from knifekits.com, and its too small to hold a leatherman wave. Maybe the first gen wave, but not the newer ones. Think I'll take the pattern and just increase the size of it a bit on a sheet of leather. Unless someone has any other ideas.

9. xxForceTenxx

xxForceTenxx Loaded Pockets

I know you mentioned leather. But, have you thought about Ripoffs?

http://www.ripoffs.com/toolpage2/toolcombopage.html

I have the CO-7 (with spring clip instead of loop) which has been used to carry my Gerber MT and now my SOG EOD MT. I also use it to carry my Mag-Lite AA LED