1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Problems with 4Sevens

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by LoneStar, Apr 2, 2011.

1. LoneStar

LoneStar Loaded Pockets

I have had nothing but bad luck with 4Sevens, their customer service is great but my luck with their lights isn't. I had two mini123 's sent them back and ended up buying a Fenix PD20 and its been going strong for almost a year. About a month ago I decided i wanted a pen light and would give 4sevens another try. I got a Preon 2 and it was sweet... until it fell from my pocket to the wood floor and stopped working. Now its on its way back to Amazon to hopefully get a refund.
    Any one else experience these problems? I ask because I never see much negative about 4Sevens.

First post by the way, been lurking for a while and finally decided to join, Howdy from Texas!

2. defuse kit

defuse kit Loaded Pockets

Beats me. I've been carrying a Mini AA2 and a Mini 123 and neither has given me problems. I've dropped the AA2 more than a few times and it's still going great. If you DO have a problem, 4Sevens works hard to make it right. I wouldn't hesitate buying a new one or to recommend them to someone else.

3. Shur
    • In Omnia Paratus

Shur Loaded Pockets

Unlucky?
    My Preon 2 has made the trip from my shirt pocket to the wood/concrete floor dozens of times with only some slight damage to the finish.
    My Quark AA^2 and AA^2 Turbo have also taken some good knocks without harm.

4. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

I too have had a working pd20 from them for a long time. Also a CR2 Ti mini quark, a Maelstrom S12, a Fenix Tk35. I have dropped all of these lights (mostly on concrete). All are working fine. Also ther CS has been superb. The only light I have that's a little bit "switch funky" is my Olight M 20 Warrior.

5. Sniperx7

Sniperx7 Loaded Pockets

I have two of their lights, mini 123a S2 and Preon II. I have yet to have problems with either. Every manufacturer has duds and it seems like they attract you :brickwall:

6. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

One: I always buy direct from 4Sevens (free, fast shipping...why wouldn't I?) Plus, they offer AW rechargeables on their sute, so you can add a couple onto your order easy.

Two: their customer service is top notch. If you are unlucjy enough to get a lemon, they will take care of you. They have always responded to me in a timely manner, and never was anything but really helpful.

7. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

I have a Quark AA that stays in my EDC bag. The only issue I've ever had was with the switch. It got a little finicky at one point...a quick cleaning took care of the problem. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another 4Sevens light.

8. Nickortizzle1035

Nickortizzle1035 Loaded Pockets

I have the Quark123 and I love it, I've kept it on a lanyard in my back pocket for the last month or 2. It's taken 1 fall onto pavement and has never given me a single problem. maybe your just cursed when it comes to 4sevens...

9. chavez

chavez Loaded Pockets

I have carried a Quark MiNi CR2 Titanium every day for the past 6 months. No problems at all. Love that little light!

10. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

I haven't bought anything there,but wouldn't hesitate to!
    Plus: they've joined EDCForum!
    Saw an email by a member here last week---don't recall who it was---but it was answered by a new member whose 'handle' is: Customer Service at 4Sevens,who offered to right whatever was wrong with the member's light!
    I'd PM them and see.

11. TheMadTrucker

TheMadTrucker Loaded Pockets

I have a Quark 123-2 tactical that has survived a fall off my tanker trailer (about 13ft) and still going strong. The next light I get is going to be a Preon 2 I think.

Edit: 13ft onto a rock and dirt drive.

12. legoman0721

legoman0721 Loaded Pockets

I've been EDC'ing a Preon 2, Mini 123 XML, and Preon 1 for a while, the longest being the Preon 2 that I bought last September. I've never had an issue with any of them, and they've all taken the usual bumps and bruises that come with daily carrying. I love my 4Sevens lights and I'll happily buy more.

13. Wolvee

Wolvee Loaded Pockets

I also carry the Mini AA2 and the large one and I've had no problems what so ever.

14. popedandy

popedandy Loaded Pockets

I've had good luck with most of my 4Sevens lights, but recently had a couple of Mini AA2 lights that mode skipped. I've had the same problem with one of my iTP twisties, so it isn't unique to 4Sevens. I check out all of my lights as soon as I receive them and if there is a problem I send them back.

15. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • Sponsor - Home Craftsman
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

I own an embarassingly large number of flashlights, and most of them are 4Sevens. I've had one wonky switch for a Quark, which they replaced quickly and painlessly. No other problems to report.

16. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

I have abused the crap out of all my 4sevens lights and none have failed on me yet.

17. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I should add that this forum would not exist today without some things 4 people have done 4sevens is one of them.

18. jackthedog

jackthedog Loaded Pockets

Nothing but good things to say about 4Sevens. Their customer service is great, worked to quickly correct any issues and even gone out of their way to be helpful.

As another member posted, definitely buy direct from them. With the available discounts, free shipping...what's not to love?

19. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I have 2 mini123's and a mini 123x2 and no problem with any of them. I have had them for several months now with no issues with any of them.

20. Helstar

Helstar Loaded Pockets

I have never had anything but great luck and dealing with 4sevens. I try to steer any and all new flashaholics there. Great customer service.