1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Precision 4mm hex socket to 1/4 inch driver socket adaptor?

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by RogerStenning, Apr 14, 2020.

1. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

I'm looking to expand the capabilities of my Cybertool 41 SAK, which comes with a 4mm precision hex driver socket and a few bits; I'm looking for an adaptor that will allow 1/4 hex bits to be used with the 4mm socket; Wonder if anyone knows (a) if there is such a beast, and (b) where to get one in the UK?

2. severdhed

severdhed Loaded Pockets

i've looked before, but i've never seen anything like that, mostly likely because the 4mm driver on the sak probably wouldn't hold up to the torque required to loosen/tighten something that needs larger bits. I relied on my Swiss Champ XLT for many years as my pocket tool of choice, but honestly, the driver in those things isn't that great. the fact that it doesn't lock in place coupled with the awkward way you have to hold it just makes it less than ideal for regular screwdriver use.

I opted to drop down to a smaller SAK (huntsman) and added a leatherman Skeletool. This gives you a decent set of pliers, a knife that can be opened one handed, and a better screwdriver. couple it with the bit driver and bit kit and you have a lot of options at your disposal.

I'm an I.T. Tech, so i need to use a screwdriver on a pretty regular basis...so much so, that in spite of the fact that i carry the sak and skeletool, I decided to design and 3d print my own screwdriver handle w/ bit storage, that i wear on a custom holster on my belt every day. It is one of the most usefull things i've ever made. it is so handy to have a real screwdriver instantly available on my belt no matter where i am. it sits right next to my flashlight and gets used daily. i keep a #2 philips bit in it ready to go and have a few others in the handle for storage. Adding a real screwdriver to my EDC loadout was one of the best things i've ever done.

3. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Same here and I agree if converting the tiny driver to 1/4" it is only a matter of time before asking it to do something beyond its capabilities that will end in breakage I am convinced.

So I either carry a Leatherman Square to 1/4" adapter for the SAK Phillips driver which works pretty well or I carry a small but dedicated 1/4 tool of some kind and there are plenty that will get the job done and not take up too much space!

I also pretty much always carry the Gerber CenterDrive though these days and it is an amazingly capable MT for everything I do too!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#3 EZDog, May 29, 2020
    Last edited: May 29, 2020
    parnass and twin63 like this.
  4. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

5. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

Finally went the way of buying a dual-head precision driver by KWB. Serves bot 4mm MicroBits and 1/4" hex bits :)

[​IMG]

I've managed, somehow, to cram it into my EDC tool pouch :)

twin63 and EZDog like this.
  6. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I like that and am not sure I have ever seen one before?
    It seems like such an obvious solution too.

RogerStenning likes this.
  7. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

I think it's the only one I've seen too; found it on Amazon over here :) It's a German make.

As I'm not at all sure if I'm allowed to stick a direct link to it on here, try Googling "KWB Micro Bit Holder – 3 Pieces Set Includes 2X Extensions for 4 mm Micro bits and bits with C 6.3 Shaft with Magnetic Holder" :)

8. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

RogerStenning and EZDog like this.
  9. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

chaosmagnet likes this.
  10. tiktok 22

tiktok 22 Loaded Pockets

Might want to look at this:

ran23 and RogerStenning like this.
  11. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

Lovely solution, waaaaaay overpriced. Cheapest I've found this, including P&P, is FORTY QUID?! :frantic:

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *gasp* eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus H. Youknowwho [​IMG]

skygear likes this.