1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Prayer Requests and Concerns

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by SimpleMan, Oct 22, 2012.

1. bpa

bpa Loaded Pockets

If you feel like you are being taking advantage of, you probably are. Talk to your pastor - he or she should be willing to listen to you and help deal with the issues. If the pastor is part of the problem, find another church.

Good luck.

kd7dvd and jph0200 like this.
  2. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

I don't know if this will help. I find myself constantly questioning my faith. I have done so from a very young age. Being Jewish, that is permissible. And I still get to experience God's love. JMHO, but I think you are anything BUT whimpish. You have begun taking responsibility by coming clean to the entire forum. As far as facing up to those whom you may have wronged, I think our minds always make these things seem much bigger than they are in fact. The relief that comes from putting things in order can be huge. Avoidance can be life sapping. I wish you courage and peace.

Fukurai, kd7dvd, SurvivePenna and 2 others like this.
  3. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

jph0200, I don't have much in the way of advice for you, but you will be in my thoughts and prayers. If you ever need anyone to talk or vent to, let me know.

jph0200 likes this.
  4. JPHing

JPHing Loaded Pockets

Thanks a lot guys. :)

5. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

I was raised a Lutheran protestant, so I think questioning your faith is a good thing. Taking faith for granted and without struggle would be far too easy. I think the whole point about faith is that it's not easy, it's not supposed to be easy. It takes and should take some real effort to believe in... whatever your faith is.

SurvivePenna, powerring and jph0200 like this.
  6. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

I'm 3/4ths of the way to a Masters in Theology and I still question regularly. It's quite human.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fukurai, mbick, tower and 4 others like this.
  7. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

Cat. you never cease to amaze me!

Fukurai and billybag like this.
  8. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

I have become the professional student my parents were always afraid of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fukurai, tower, kd7dvd and 1 other person like this.
  9. CatfishTX

CatfishTX Loaded Pockets

I have prayed for all of the requests in this thread. JPH, take heart. CS Lewis once something akin to, "If God didn't want you, you wouldn't be looking for him." God's most beloved humans often struggled with their faith, commitment, and roles in the church. David, who is called "a man after God's own heart" was much less than perfect person. Your struggles will strengthen your faith. Peter, the rock of the modern church, struggled with a temper. Elijah ran and tried to hide from God. He calls us, but he doesn't want blind devotion.

10. SurvivePenna
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

SurvivePenna EDC Junkie!!!!!

First off, big kudos to you for even thinking about posting this here. That shows to me that you do care.. even though the Internet offers some anonymity. I assure you that there's nothing wimpish about wanting to make things right with your friends or anything else that you said for that matter. In fact you're showing a lot of strength and courage. To see the error of your ways is the first step and it's very nessesary.

You're definitely on the right track and consider a way to pull your friends aside...one by one...with some time inbetween...and let them know how you feel. Let them know that they matter to you. It's not about kissing their behind but about you opening up. Let your friends know where you stand and you will feel so much better afterwards. Own your mistakes and faults. If they are your true friends, they will see you for what you are...and that includes your courage.

As for the church... I don't know your pastor or you for that matter, but I'm fairly confident that you could have an amazing conversation with your pastor about what you have told us. Again, let it out. Tell him how you feel and how you see the error in your ways. I know it is sooo much easier said than done. Your "reward" will be that he will offer you some guidance and again...you will feel so much better...giving you even more strength.

I wish you the very best and I will pray for you to have the courage to face your friends and your pastor. :)

Fukurai, misterS, SAKplumber and 2 others like this.
  11. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

This reminded me of Gideon. Heres a lesson I looked up relating to testing your faith.
    http://www.hannahscupboard.com/ST-gideon.html

I pray all is well with you:)

jph0200 and misterS like this.
  12. misterS
    • In Omnia Paratus

misterS EDC Junkie!!!!!

Will be praying for you and your situation Jph. This forum is truly a supportive community!!!

jph0200 and SAKplumber like this.
  13. kd7dvd
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd EDC Junkie!!!!!

Subscribed with thoughts and prayers from a confirmed noneoftheaboveatarian.

jph0200, mooshisho and SAKplumber like this.
  14. 95yjinpa
    • In Omnia Paratus

95yjinpa Loaded Pockets

JPH, prayers going up for you my brother!

I just saw this thread, and subscribed. My prayer for this thread is that it stay on focus, and those who do not believe keep their comments to themselves.

keith1234 and jph0200 like this.
  15. JPHing

JPHing Loaded Pockets

You guys are all way awesome, Thank you :D. I'm feeling a lot better

One weakness in my life, I'm a bit too self reliant.
    Not being in control of my life and unsure bugs me and makes me feels like I'm being weak
    It is something I'm working at and getting better :)

I think this may be The Lord teaching me to rely on Him more, and less on myself.

Honestly, when I 1st came here I had a hunch this would become my new home on the net.
    I now know why. :):D

16. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

Jph0200 thoughts and prayers going out to you.

jph0200 likes this.