1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pouch to the next Pack?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Ghostface, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Ghostface

Ghostface Loaded Pockets

How do you guys do it?

Do u set up a system for each pack or do you just transfer pouches when you swith packs?

I find myself starting to build "kits" for each pack.

UPS man brought my Black Fatboy the other day and now Im looking for gear to build a "mini this" kit and a "mini that" kit.

2. aedmband21

aedmband21 Loaded Pockets

I'd be broke if I put together a kit for each pack. I keep some redundant items in a few of my bags, but for the most part I keep my stuff in Kifaru pull outs.

3. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

4. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

These are my four main pouches that get transferred from bag to pack, pack to bag, etc. I can carry them in a plastic grocery bag if needed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

All my pouches, whether Molle or Hook and Loop, are black. Then I make sure and only buy black bags so I can transfer them and use them between my different bags. Easier to do with the hook and loop pouches obviously because they are easier to take on and off unless I'm just throwing stuff in without attaching it. I do both.

For instance, I carry a small EDC kit in a Maxpedition Micro organizer that rides in my car door most of the time but gets transferred to my Jumbo EDC when I'm away from my car. Works pretty well.

6. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

Interesting topic!

I'm still moving the individual items (lights, knives, tools, FAKs...) from bag to bag to pack, and find it rather awkward. Just like Aedmband21, I cannot afford to keep complete kits in the various bags and packs I own and use, so I have started looking for a nice little organizer that can hold my most frequently used "second level" EDC stuff.

7. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

An EDCF member with only one pack? I think I just experienced a ripple in the :matrix:.

8. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

Let me rephrase that...only one pack worth carrying everyday. I love my old military field bag, buts its too small. I used to carry a range bag, but its too square to be comfortable.

9. Azwaiian
    • In Omnia Paratus

Azwaiian Loaded Pockets

I have a black Maxpedition EDC pouch that I keep with me all the time. If I need to pack more stuff, I just place that EDC pouch in my black fatboy and add morre things I'll need. Eventually I plan on buying another, but bigger Maxpedition sling pack to carry even more stuff!

10. Roger999

Roger999 Loaded Pockets

The only pouch I switch around my bags is my FAK and water bottle. I only use 3 bags ATM which are:
    EDC Pack: TAG 3 Day assault pack which contains food, gear, clothing, tools, FAK, and water.
    Shoulder bag: Condor Utility Shoulder bag which I use for driving, I'm a learner driver so I keep my wallet, FAK, water, and a couple of books.
    Gym bag: No name shoulder bag with sweaty gear, towels, water, FAK.

My smaller "transferable" gear like my phone, and flashlight will usually be in my pocket so it's easier.

11. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

Its nice to see a young man think through his edc so well (ie. FAK, tools). My son is 17 this year and refers to himself as as "empty pockets kind' guy". I WILL break him of this. Oh yes,... I will.

12. Ghostface

Ghostface Loaded Pockets

My system so far is similar to yours when I'm using either my Sitka or Covrt 18. I use two 5x7 and one 4x6 GP pouches by Maxpedition. Food, Toiletries, and FAK. The other stuff gets stashed in the pockects/slots/pouches of the particular bag for the day.

No way all of will fit in my Jumbo or Fatboy. So I always end up making 'mini and micro kits" so I will have at least a small portion of what I think I need to carry.
    For instance, I use a MaxP EDC Mini Organizer in the Jumbo for a smaller toiletry kit and in the Fatboy I would use a Micro EDC organizer and so on and so forth....

This way I figure I can carry all my kit...just small and smaller.

At the very least I would have just an M2 on my waist. Its loaded to the hilt with the very bare essentials. Mucho improvisation..(is that a word)?