1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pouch for Shoulder Straps?

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by Roguetrooper, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Roguetrooper

Roguetrooper Loaded Pockets

Apologies if a thread already exists around this topic; I did do a search but nothing came up...

Am looking for a dedicated pouch (preferably one that can be sourced direct from the UK) that can be mounted on the shoulder strap of a backpack, something with a narrow/low profile. Ideally, the pouch wouldn't be any wider than the shoulder strap it was going to be mounted on. It doesn't need to be big; it's only really intended to carry a few small items that I'd like to be instantly accessible....phone/smokes/lighter/blade and not all necessarily to be carried at the same time.

i've bought a few different pouches for this purpose, but none have an lasting appeal; Preferably, the pouch will be a tactical design but have previously purchased shoulder strap pouches from non-tactical brands like the Vaude Epoc as well, so anything goes. Nothing from MaxP, 5.11 is currently floating my boat though.

Would be sincerely grateful for any suggestions...Cheers.

2. Jonb74

Jonb74 Loaded Pockets

Timbuk2 has something called the Shagg Bag, which is a small pouch that can be attached to straps.

3. Roguetrooper

Hey, thanks for posting - Yep, the Shagg came up early in my research and ticks all the right boxes except that it just isn't available in the UK anymore - I could get it shipped internationally, but the shipping ends up costing as much as the pouch itself.

4. Shike

Shike Loaded Pockets

Countycomm.com has some pouches that might work for you. I have one on one of my backpack straps. Look under nylon gear for nylon cases.

5. Roguetrooper

Hey, thanks - Similar problem with the shipping costs from CountyComm though.

Just pulled the trigger on a Granite Gear Shoulder Pocket so will see how that turns out - Still grateful for any suggestions though.

Shike likes this.
  6. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

I've used cheap surplus military compass pouches [​IMG] , grenade, and ammo pouches. They work well provided your pack straps have horizontal webbing (in the right location) on which to attach them, otherwise you may need to do some sewing.

Roguetrooper likes this.
  7. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

I used to have a couple of those. Got stolen with the bag they were on.

Sent by owl post.

Roguetrooper likes this.
  8. Lane DeCamp

Lane DeCamp Loaded Pockets

Kifaru has a very nice shoulder pocket sized for a GPS. It would be just the size to hold what you describe and you get Kifaru quality.

Roguetrooper likes this.
  9. ncfh

ncfh Loaded Pockets

Yup, Kifaru GPS pouch and Mystery Ranch sling pocket are made for just this purpose.

Roguetrooper likes this.
  10. Scoman

Scoman Loaded Pockets

What about Karrimor SF Molle magazine pouches? They come in coyote, OG and black. They come with fold back molle straps to attach but I'm sure you could doctor one to fit on a shoulder strap. They are velcro and clip closure. Polimil have some, contact me on BCUK for links etc.

Roguetrooper likes this.
  11. Roguetrooper

Thanks to all, for some really good suggestions.

12. Vartz04

Vartz04 Loaded Pockets

Those are a great idea. Now I need 2.

Roguetrooper likes this.
  13. Fire Fighter

Fire Fighter Loaded Pockets

Try thinking outside the square ... or in this case the pouch. I was looking for the exact same sort of pouch for my Rush 12. I ended up looking at small digital camera cases that could fit an iPhone, leads, and a spare powerpack. Ended up with an Aussie brand, Crumpler (SportyGuy 0.3 model), which has velcro and a buckle to secure the contents and a double velcro retainder on the back for attaching to a belt, which is what attaches it to my Rush 12. It also came with shoulder strap which I took off. Fits my needs perfectly but it's a high end product on the pricepoint. Mine was superceded stock at 60% off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Roguetrooper, Shike and Jonb74 like this.
  14. Tristar777

Tristar777 Loaded Pockets

Hi. It depends on how wide the straps are. Mine are narrow and the Maxpedition Rat wallet fits well and carries all the items you have suggested you would want to carry. £25 ish here in the UK.

Roguetrooper likes this.
  15. malraux72

malraux72 Loaded Pockets

Check your local surplus store. Bud of mine picked up an "euro army flare pouch thingie" for five bucks somewhere in London couple of years ago.... bit of die and it is an awesome shoulder strap pouch. Non mil looking and fits an Iphone with some room to spare..

Roguetrooper likes this.
  16. rob13

rob13 Empty Pockets

I was looking for something similar to hold my phone & possibly my ecig mod. Thought about the Maxped TC-6, but ended up with the AGR phone pouch from Maxped for under $20. Only holds my phone, but is just as wide as the strap on my bag, is securely attached, and blends in so it doesn't attract any undue attention.

Roguetrooper likes this.
  17. IHateBottleOpeners

IHateBottleOpeners EDC Junkie!!!!!

Try something from Tasmanian Tiger (or Fenix flashlight holster/sheath, they are the exact same thing, except the logo). High quality stuff (Cordura nylon with YKK button and mounting straps), I love mine. You can get one from AliExpress for $11.
    [​IMG]SAM_0564 by ihatebottleopeners, on Flickr
    (Dumb Flickr, the pic is good on my account, but here it rotates it by itself).

Roguetrooper likes this.
  18. Miamic70

Miamic70 Loaded Pockets

Roguetrooper likes this.