1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Post Your Favorite Cheap Pen (s)

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Nightwatch, Aug 1, 2006.

1. greencobra

greencobra Loaded Pockets

That brought back memories. The Jotter was my first "real" pen, got it as a gift when I was around 10 YO. Lost it sometime in high school. I need one now. My original was maroon colored, hope it's still in the line up.

2. Fester

Fester Empty Pockets

That is the same reason I still use one.. And I belive the maroon colored one is still in the line up

Fester

3. Fester

Fester Empty Pockets

I picked up a UniBall power tank last thursday for £2, I have been using it for the last 2 days and i must say I'm very impresst it was working flawlesly in the rain yesterday O0
    [img width=640 height=480]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c158/OGGY47/EDCPEN.jpg[/img]

Fester

4. Chris201W

Chris201W Loaded Pockets

I believe maroon is still in the Parker Jotter lineup. My father has always carried a maroon one, my uncle a blue one, and my grandfather a black one. I use a stainless steel one because I like the balance of it more than the classic colored ones.

5. KeyGrip

KeyGrip Loaded Pockets

Bic something or other with duct tape wrapped around it. It's small, light, and works. I really don't know much about pens other than that they are very useful, so this is all I carry. When it breaks (and it will) I'll find another one.

6. bugs

bugs Loaded Pockets

I like the new Pilot G-6!

7. DonShock

DonShock Loaded Pockets

For years the pen I have used exclusively has been the Zebra F-301. However, recently I have been using the stealth Mont Blanc refill in the Pilot G-2 that I read about here on EDCF. I am not sure yet if it will be a permanent switch for daily job use, but I still keep stocked up on the Zebras for "laying around the house" use.

8. cerbie

cerbie Loaded Pockets

Stabilo Sensor; the ridged tapered tip makes it suprisingly comfy and not very fatiguing. However, they'll fail quickly if you bear down, so aren't great for quickly writing prose (I use them as alternate color for my notes).

I'm warming up to Dr. Grip, too...

Edit: just picked up a Dr. Grip Ltd today (painted body--meh!), having used a ballpoint version for awhile...it writes better, but isn't quite as comfy. Argh! If only they made a G2-compatible polymer tip refill--then it would be about perfect (until I tried that, and...).

9. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

I bought two Pilot G-2 Mini's (red and blue) today at school for $1.99 each.
    They fit perfectly in the sleeve-pocket of my jacket (along with a lighter and dentil floss).  :smitten:

Maybe now I can divest my backpack of all the thousands of nondescript disposable pens I dumped in there so long ago and make room for better stuff!  :laugh:

10. Screehopper

Screehopper Loaded Pockets

My current favorite cheap pen is the Pilot EasyTouch Med ball point pen. I stick with ballpoint because when I write I may occassionally pause, if I were to use a gel pen I would created a huge ink blot everytime I paused.

[​IMG]

11. Slonie

Slonie Loaded Pockets

I purchased a Cross Ion and loved it, until I lost it on an airplane. Some traveler or flight attendant is probably enjoying it right now...

[​IMG]

I still have a few refills for it saved up, but am leery of spending another $15-20 on something I might lose again.

Edit: I just realized that isn't really the thrust of this thread, but at least I can write with the smooth-writing gel refills...That's a cheap pen! Sharpie minis get my vote for the most useful cheap pen to carry around, though I also picked up a couple G2s after hearing such good things about them.

12. Flying Turtle

Flying Turtle Empty Pockets

Another vote for the little Zebra telescoping pen. Pick it up at Wally World in a 2-pack with extra refills for $3.78 (?).

Geoff

13. mightysparrow

mightysparrow Empty Pockets

I just bought my first Pilot G2 mini's -- nice pen, and it fits in my edc belt pouch. I'll try the Zebra next- thanks for the idea.

14. Sharpdogs

Sharpdogs Uber Prepared

15. laurent

laurent Empty Pockets

My way of writing can't stand gel ink pens - they don't dry as fast as needed, and I can't afford to buy $ 3-5 good gel ink pens every week (I'm exagerating a bit, but I found that gel pens got a very short lifespan in my hands). So I'm stuck to my good Caran d'Ache, and when I need back-up for it, I got a wide selection of Bic and Pilot ball-pen. My actual favourite is the 4-Color Bic. Polyvalent, timeless design, and very good lifetime. Not a writing pleasure toy, but a reliable good tool with satisfacting ergonomics.

[​IMG]

16. bruner

bruner Loaded Pockets

Boy, I haven't seen one of those for a while!

Maybe I'm not looking hard enough?

Do they still make those?

Dan

17. laurent

laurent Empty Pockets

Yes, it's a pretty old design, but it's still manufactured. There is also a modern version by Pilot, the BPS :

[​IMG]

Prettier, with a soft grip and easier-to-click buttons, but three times costlier.

18. nomaded

nomaded Empty Pockets

Yeah, I saw some at a local Staples last weekend. Quite the blast from the past.

19. Pwallwin

Pwallwin Loaded Pockets

I bought a bunch of Pilot G2s on holdiays, as I had never seen them in the UK previously. Now they're everywhere!! I would definately miss it if I forgot to EDC it.

20. woodylocksb

woodylocksb Empty Pockets

I am kinda cheep when it comes to pens. I often find them on the ground and use that until I lose it, then I find another. ???