1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Post your backpack's pics and suggest me something

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by PreparedG3, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Ile

Ile Loaded Pockets

Good luck into baghunt! Dont forget to get some pics then :)

PreparedG3 likes this.
  2. PreparedG3

PreparedG3 Loaded Pockets

Of course!
    Now (after Girlfriend's opinion) im searchin also some more civilian style backpack (for example The more expensive eastpak hutson, or The cheap targus terra)

what do u think of targus terra? (i found near my town, almost same price of defcon)

3. alecgold

alecgold Loaded Pockets

It's hardly a fair comparison: the Targus costs 40-50 and the eastpack costs 80-90.
    At twice the price you don't get twice the pack. I know Eastpacks and they are decently made, decent/good materials. A lot of kids use the basic model for school and the usually last 4 years or longer.
    Targus is usually more used by office workers and tend to be made with lighter materials and have more organization.
    For the price the Targus is hard to beat.
    If you have the opportunity, take everything you want to pack, go to the shop, fit everything in and carry it in your back while being really critical about the fit.

One question; why did you pick two laptop bags? There wasn't a laptop on your list, so I'm curious :)

PreparedG3 likes this.
  4. PreparedG3

Because i found these, but i don't carry laptop
    I don't know what i can carry in laptop pocket

5. MangeD700
    • In Omnia Paratus

MangeD700 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I sometimes carry my BIG Fällkniven A1 in the laptop compartment, easy to reach too... :)

alecgold and PreparedG3 like this.
  6. MangeD700
    • In Omnia Paratus

How about a TNF Surge 2 Charged, nice to have some power when out and about..... :)

[​IMG]

PreparedG3 likes this.
  7. PreparedG3

Yeah i saw north face backpacks, i like them but too much expensive for now

8. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

The Eureka Wolf Jaw 40 is bigger than you specified. However this pack has good reviews, an acceptable carry on size and is one of the few packs for less than $100.00 that comes with a rain cover. Most waterproof packs would be outside your budget. Most packs I have seen with rain covers are over $100.

A web search will help you find several vendors that have this pack at an attractive price.
    Happy shopping!

PreparedG3 likes this.
  9. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

The TNF pack is a nice pack. IMOH it's overpriced for having a built in 5000mah battery. I can carry my 10,000Mah battery in any pack that has an accomadting pocktet.

PreparedG3 likes this.
  10. MangeD700
    • In Omnia Paratus

I wasn´t after the battery, for starters. It has a nicer interior than the original Surge 2, it´s quieter when using it....

Then the Battery, it´s waterproof and somewhat "crush" proof in a tailored pocket with a zip. Then the routing for the cords, it´s a really nice touch, one can route cords throughout the whole pack, and get access to a charging cord in one of the sidepockets. :)

PreparedG3 likes this.
  11. PreparedG3

The tnf charged is out of budget
    The Eureka wolf it's nice but i don't want lombar support
    Now i see that tnf have some model not too much expensive like jester (or vault) and borealis (or recon)
    What do you think about them

12. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

The NF pass you mention are only slightly different in capacity and size. If possible try both with a typical load and go with the most useful and comfortable.

PreparedG3 likes this.
  13. Ile

Ile Loaded Pockets

Targus definetly are nice civilian looking ones,I have no experience of them but lots of info online..Its good to take some time and see different ones to make right choice.At least I buy a bag for several years,no need to change it often.

PreparedG3 likes this.
  14. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

Below is a Targus bag that I keep around for when I need to be more "civilian" in appearance. It is a very "basic" bag. While Targus bags are not bad, they are generally not very water resistant and they don't generally come with the better materials you find in the more tactical type bags. With this said, they are generally comfortable bags to carry. If you decide to get a Targus bag, make sure you also get a waterproof backpack cover so you don't have to worry about that.

Targus TSB140US-50 Meridian (I am not suggesting you get this, just showing you what I have)

[​IMG]

Some other bags to consider in the price range of the Targus Terra...

Wegner/Swissgear The Cobalt

Search for ASIN: B002N2W0AQ

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wegner/Swissgear Jett

Search for ASIN: B004N1IIY2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have had great experience with every Wegner/Swissgear laptop bag I have owned. I would not hesitate to carry one of these myself. My particular favorite is the Jett as I like the water bottle sleeve on one side and the zipper pouch for keys, etc.. on the other (great when flying).

Good luck!

Ile and PreparedG3 like this.
  15. alecgold

alecgold Loaded Pockets

Coworker has the same wenger bag as the first in your post! He's pretty happy with it!

FL Woods Bum and PreparedG3 like this.
  16. PreparedG3

Yeah i see these pretty bags, The cobalt it's same price of targus, it's better?
    What about tnf?

17. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

I, personally, prefer Wengner/Swissgear bags to the Targus bags I have owned. I would go with the Cobalt if you like it.

I am sorry, I don't know anything about the TNF bags.. I have always found MangeD700 to be knowledgeable. Given that he recommended the TNF bags to you, I am sure they are decent bags.

PreparedG3 likes this.
  18. PreparedG3

they aren't waterproof and are big :confused:
    until now i think that the defcon it's perfect for materials and dimension and price (and don't have laptop pocket that is useless for me) but too much military style.
    maybe i can go up with money (anyway under 100) but i dont know where i can see

FL Woods Bum likes this.
  19. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

Laptop pockets are definitely not the norm in many tactical bags and I would ask if you really need one. I carry a neoprene sleeve in my bag for my laptop and I actually prefer it (I can take the laptop in the sleeve with me if I am at work or home where I don't need to carry the bag around). It also means that if I have "no laptop" day, I am able to reclaim bag space by removing the laptop sleeve. Here's a pic of what I use, they are very inexpensive:

[​IMG]

There are quite a few choices of these on Amazon Italy, just fit one to your laptop size. Just another option to consider if you really want to stay with a tactical type bag without a laptop pocket. Have a good one.

PreparedG3 likes this.
  20. PreparedG3

No i don't need laptop pocket, maybe first i don't explain well

FL Woods Bum likes this.